Sri Lakshmi Narayana Bhavan

Vegetarian restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, dinner with vegan options. Cuisines are South and North Indian food, Chettinad style. Silent atmosphere. Wi-fi. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Take-out

First Review by anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal
anarchistanimal

Good Indian restaurant

4 Posted on 03 / 27 / 2013

Sri Lakshmi Narayana Bhavan is a good Indian restaurant, with a classier feel than Lakshmi Vilas and Bakti Woodlands across the road. (But, in my opinion, the best of the four vego places is Sangeetha - directly across the road.) I had a thali, which was massive and delicious. It came with three curries, plus condiments, naan breads, and a small soup to start. They seemed to understand what a vegan was, and volunteered 'no milk, no cheese, no ghee' when I began to explain. But I was a bit suspicious of the square lumps in one curry that tasted like paneer. Well, hopefully they were tofu. When asked, the waiter assured me they weren't cheese. The price was RM 17 - OK value for the delicious large meal I had, but quite a bit more expensive than the other 3 places on this street.

Pros: Delicious, Nice atmosphere
Cons: Need more clarity on vegan options

Dear Owner and Manager of Sri Lakshmi Narayana Bhavan: