A small version of San Francisco's Source restaurant, this is a food counter located among other vendors in a food court. Opened Feb 2014. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Fast food, American, International, Fusion, Pizza, Take-out

First Review by AnantSahai
evea
evea

Great variety, fullfilling yet bland

3 Posted on 06 / 07 / 2014

I was impressed by the variety of dishes from different traditions creatively reinterpreted. I have been to source mini several times with and without friends and tried about 6 entrees including the Gilroy Burger, Dosarito, Havana and source fries. My overall impression is that it is food which is fulfilling and satisfying, but it needs a flavor boost. I also have this feeling about Portola and macrobiotic food: it would be a more joyful experience to me with more spice. I tried adding an orangy colored sauce recommended by the Source Mini employees, but it was more creamy than anything - still left the food mild. So if you find many vegan foods to be too dramatic and spicey, go here, either that or bring a bottle of Braggs and Tampico.

Pros: Good prices, Fast service, Satisfying portions
Cons: Sameness, Bland
elme1890
elme1890

Someone needs to talk about their burgers!

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2014

First off, the staff here are incredible. My wife and I were travelling around California on our honeymoon and they were the nicest people we had encountered throughout our entire one week trip.

Source mini is a branch of San Francisco based Source which is a vegetarian restaurant. Source mini is entirely vegan and the food is incredible. If you are looking for quick pub-style food, this is the place.

My wife and I have had our fare share of veggie burgers and this one it leagues above all others. First off it is made out of vegetables (beets, carrots, etc.) Second of all it tastes virtually identical to a real hamburger. For those of you who may be turned off by this, give it a try, it is too good to pass up. Since I live in Canada, I am almost considering asking them to mail a couple of them to me.

In this amazing veggie burger, they had homemade fakin bits made from TVP, homemade vegan mozzarella, and fresh veggies. The fries tasted amazing, and they had awesome desserts.

I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a good qulity, decently priced meal. Will return again.

Pros: Veggie burger is too good for words, staff are amazing, creative meals
Cons: Not many places to sit
AnantSahai
AnantSahai

Really good fusion food

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2014

This is the latest member of the Epicurious Garden family. And it is great to see a vegan place back here. I had really liked Socca Oven, but it closed far too soon after opening. Honestly, Source Mini is even better.

The Rollsas and Dosadillas on the menu are crosses between South Indian (Dosa --- fermented rice and lentil flour made into a crepe. Kind of like Ethiopian Injera bread except different seeds instead of teff.) cuisine and other cuisines. (The Dosadillas are a play on Quesadillas and the Rollsas are basically wraps.) They also have burgers, salads, and fries. As well as some tasty deserts.

They have their own mock meats that they use in some dishes and everything that I have had here has been quite good. I am a bit sad about their Masala Dosadilla leaving the menu as it was very good. But the other ones I have had are also very good.

This place is going to join my regular rotation of good vegan places to get take-out from.

Pros: Tasty, Large portions
Cons: Few dishes are soy-free, Not very substitution-friendly

Dear Owner and Manager of Source Mini: