We have had a whirlwind of fantastic speakers: Marisa Wolfson Miller, Vegucated, Dr. Neal Barnard, PCRM, Dr. Doug Lisle, Dr. Richard Oppenlander, and the list goes on!!! Coming next week: Chef AJ and Julieanna Hever!!!!
The Sacramento Vegan Society serves many functions. Functions such as gathering for animal rights events, spreading the word on important issues, and connecting with like minded people in the Sacramento area.
On the third Sunday of every month, The Sacramento Vegan Society hosts a potluck for people whom wish to get together with there fellow veg*ns and people curious about the vegan and vegetarian lifestyles.
They ask that you bring a vegan dish (no meat, dairy, or eggs)enough for at least 6 people. If your shy about cooking, you can always just bring 4 dollars to cover costs. Bringing something vegan ensures that everyone can partake in the feast. This also gives everyone a chance to try a variety of different vegan foods, to taste something for yourself before making it at home, and to exchange recipes and cooking experiences with others whom share your dietary outlook on life.
The Sacramento Vegan Society also books guest speakers for its potluck events. These speakers discuss the issues facing the veg-community and indeed the world at large.
The times and locations of the potlucks vary, so if you wish to attend, you will need to go to The Sacramento Vegan Society meetup website: http://www.meetup.com/sacvegansociety-org/
Bring a plate, a fork, and a smile. Happy dinning
- Link to this page from your site. Entry info.
- Return to Sacramento Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
- Business Owners, if you see an unfair review, read this.
- Why was my review removed? - details
- Reviews are not endorsed by HappyCow - review terms
- Has Sacramento Vegan Society closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
- This page has been viewed 790 times since Jan 2013.