Whole Foods Market

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. more-less

First Review by squarewheels06
LindaMid
LindaMid

How I use Whole Foods Market

3 Posted on 01 / 07 / 2014

I take my clients on my 30 Day Vegan Health Watch Team on shopping tours there as wfm has more items I need than other stores. The store is nice but they recently changed it and some items are now missing. I use the front tables in the store to meet with 15 people to talk about healthy vegan eating and why. Then I take them on tour. It is the best market for whole foods as they have a nice selection of organic foods and some from local farms. That said, it is disgusting to see the very large meat market and cheese sections!! I found that many of the employees are NOT vegan, are overweight and have zero interest in taking advantage of lower price food if they are vegan!!! I even had one store person announce to MY group that I am NOT an employee of whole foods...for no reason at all she interrupted my tour.. Stupid, as I AM bringing in NEW customers! She is offended that I only talk about vegan items!!! Christina Clarke, marketing manager has been very nice and even donated to our events, i.e. Healthy Taste of Sacramento which had almost 300 attendees...I cannot wait for VEGANZ to get to Sac as I do NOT like supporting meat and eggs and dairy sales! This part is simply horrid...they even have signs saying humane!!! There is no such thing as humane meat, dairy and eggs!

Pros: fresh whole plant foods, Clean, Some nice personnel
Cons: Sales of meat, dairy, eggs, Some rude personnel working there, Too far from my home.
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Whole Foods Market

3 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2013

This Whole Foods was pretty average. I stopped here and picked up lunch and was happy with what I got. I had some of the prepackaged Beyond Meat and a few other things - it was good. My bf got a burrito and thought it was average too.

SacramentoVegetarian
SacramentoVegetarian

Wholes Foods is awesome place, but very expensive

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2012

I usually like this Whole Foods Market a lot. Most of the employees are friendly. Most of the produce is fresh. Whole Foods is expensive and over-priced on many items. If you are not watching your budget, this is a very good supermarket at which to shop.

winstoniscute
winstoniscute

disappointed

3 Posted on 12 / 15 / 2010

New to Sacramento, used to shopping at Whole Foods in other cities, and noticed the difference immediately when I entered the store. Some of the items I normally buy at whole foods were absent, and that is what I drove across town for. Although I am certain I will go back for a few of the items I cannot find anywhere else, and I still enjoyed walking through the store, surely Whole Foods could bring this store up to the same size, and array of products I have seen in other cities. Surely the city is large enough to support it, even in these depressed exonomic situations the store was full of customers, at times hard to move around.

Also, when I was there, only one checkstand was open, very long line. There was a young man at another checkstand, but it had a closed sign up. Store was full of customers, seems as though another checkstand could be open, the express was also closed.

Tatiana
Tatiana

• herbivore

Fun once in a while

4 Posted on 12 / 27 / 2007

I've been to the Sacramento Whole Foods probably 10 times since it opened. This trip was mostly for my mom as she has newly diagnosed Celiac Sprue and Whole Foods is really good about carrying gluten free products. It was packed (Sunday before Christmas) but the staff was super friendly and more than willing to help. They also had a nice selection of mock meats. Yes, the meat and fish counters are unavoidable but I think overall it's a very vegetarian friendly company. They are really good at labeling items with ingredients and many items are labeled vegan so you don't have to guess if something has lurking animal products in it. They also have a decent selection of raw items (bars, bulk bin items, etc). I always get a salad on the way out and they had an awesome vinegared fava bean salad, yummy! The biggest downside to Whole Foods is the high prices. I don't do the bulk of my shopping here by any means but it is a fun place to get specialty items or a better selection of many vegetarian products. The produce is also nice but expensive. I get organic produce delivered to my home weekly so I didn't get any but I do like how everything is labeled very clearly organic or conventional. By the way there will be a Whole Foods opening in Napa next month!

Pros: gluten free selection, variety of mock meats, very friendly staff
Cons: bad location, expensive

squarewheels06
squarewheels06

Health Food Stores

3 Posted on 12 / 19 / 2007

I have shopped in a variety of health food stores in my life and in various locations all over California..This Whole Foods Market is pleasant place to shop...It kinda mesmerizes you into buying something...However, I believe the Whole Foods in Berkeley is better. The prices are very high in both markets for items you could buy much cheaper at other markets, but you pay for the ambience, i guess....in my book its ok, but id rather shop at a smaller health food store thats more personable and less pricey. I found also the location to be inconvient for people who live in Sacramento.

Pros: ambience, parking, cheeses
Cons: pricey
  • Tatiana Tatiana

Yeah, this location can be quite a nightmare to get to, lots of in town traffic!

Dear Owner and Manager of Whole Foods Market: