CLOSED: Raw Life Foods

Located in a once residential home now turned business district. The restaurant is situated in the little living room of a chiropractic office that's in the rear of house. Occasionally has classes on preparing raw food and offers nutritional consultations. Serves a variety of raw food dishes for main courses, appetizers, salads, and desserts. Veggie pizza, kelp-ghetti, raw lasagna, kale and spinach salads, raw cheese cakes, smoothies. MAR 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, American, Take-out

First Review by Ele
elavender
elavender
  • non-vegetarian

Update business hours.

5 Posted on 10 / 21 / 2012

Hello,

I'm sorry I missed you yesterday. I drove from Tuscaloosa because I heard rave reviews about your food and service. Please update your website. I shall return.

mread
mread

Great Vegan Gem

4 Posted on 03 / 13 / 2012

Very unassuming little dining area in house with a small chiropractic office. Nice service. The woman serving was not the chef but willing to answer the questions she could.
Small but delicious selection- I gather the entree changes on a regular basis.
I had the kelp-ghetti (must get the recipe!) it was really good- warm and a little crunchy in a cashew cream sauce. Also got a kale salad and collard salad. Tasty- I prefer fewer onions- but it was fresh, crisp and satisfying. Quantity was very good for the price.
I went with my aunt and cousin who are not vegan. They were very gracious about trying it but my cousin said "it's an acquired taste." If you're vegan, vegetarian or on a raw diet though, you will be so happy to come to this little gem!

Pros: Yummy food, Good service
BAROUSE
BAROUSE
  • raw

Must Try!

5 Posted on 01 / 06 / 2012

I am here in Montgomery TDY and I visited this place yesterday for the first time. I have never eaten "raw meals" and I wanted to give it a try. Everything I had was amazing; coleslaw, kale salad and lasagna. Today I had the kelp-ghetti, collards, coleslaw, and some tasty mushrooms. I can definitely see why people choose this lifestyle and believe it is something I seriously want for myself. Raw Life Foods has opened my eyes to something new in the new year. In a place that is full of all the temptations harmful to your body, this restaurant is a breath of fresh air. Please support this place because it is a must have here in Montgomery and I plan to be there all next week for lunch and the next TDY's to come.

Justin K.
Justin K.

First Raw Restaurant Experience - Excellent!

5 Posted on 12 / 14 / 2011

This was my first time eating at a raw food 'restaurant' (term used loosely, it's in the living room of a home converted into a chiropractors office with the raw food served in the living room area).

The food was delicious, the nice lady behind the counter recommended the pizza and I can see why it's a customer favorite! Flaxseed crust, tons of veggies, and some savory sauces and seasonings - even managed to pick it up and eat it like a traditional pizza. 2 sides of different salads: I chose the broccoli with a cashew cheeze sauce which was delicious as well as a cucumber/tomato/onion mixture that helped cleanse the pallet. This place filled me up and the tea they served with it really hit the spot. Great lunch combo for $11, I'm comfortably full. Definitely will return.

Pros: extremely healthy, very tasty, filling
  • Justin K. Justin K.

Have been back with an omnivore coworker several times and we love it! Coworker had a little trouble with the more 'out there' dishes but is still willing to come back time after time to try it again. Best quote from her to the rest of our team about the meal "I thought I'd be hungry by early afternoon but I wasn't! It easily carried me over until dinner." We stop by here at least once a week, usually more.

Toledov
Toledov

Wonderful raw food!

5 Posted on 03 / 16 / 2011

what a find! Delicious raw food, nice ambiance, friendly people, and reasonably priced. I will be back!

staywellhealth
staywellhealth

Great find, great food!!

5 Posted on 12 / 06 / 2010

Was so pleasantly surprised to find a raw food place in Montgomery, it was great and very reasonable! We loved every item we ate from the strawberry chzcake, raw chili, to the kale salad and raw pizza!! I highly recommend this place for great healthy, tasty raw meals!!

Pros: price, taste, location
Cons: no kombucha, smaller menu
Ele
Ele

A Miracle and Montgomery!

5 Posted on 07 / 20 / 2010

Raw Life Food is one of my all time favorite finds and one of the nest Raw places I have ever tried. Everything is full of flavor and clearly made with LOVE. I have now been here twice . Today I am enjoying the breaded cauliflower and mushrooms which are so tender and a light yet filling raw version very satisfying ! I am also eating a nori roll filled with avo and all kinds of veggies! With a flavorful spread. The lemonade is so good too! The coleslaw will blow your mind I am gettingvthe veggie pizza to go an waiting on the strawberry pie. I am so grateful this warm environment filled with incredible food is here! I live in LA where we are spoiled with great vegan resturants and I must say I will be craving this ! Sweet Home Alabama! Another reason to visit my Nana very soon!!

Pros: Amazing food, Warm inviting environment , Great prices way under prices!
Cons: I will have to fly here when I am cravin

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Raw Life Foods: