Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican restaurant. Has tempeh, tofu, and lard-free beans options. No freezer or no microwave used. Al fresco dining. Has wi-fi internet. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mexican, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Justin K.
jeramos76
jeramos76

♡THIS PLACE ♡

4 Posted on 01 / 18 / 2014

Just go! Amazing food, atmosphere and people♡. This is my third visit and this time I brought my husband and brother (both meat eaters). They both wanted a second order of their entrees. I recommend going at least three times to get in the mango salsa, roasted sweet potatoes, tempeh fajitas and roasted veggie nacho estenpudo... you're welcome (^_^). Whenever I'm in Montgomery I will stop here!!

Pros: vegan options not an after thought, happenin' atmosphere, people/service
  • jeramos76 jeramos76

yup...still good on visit #5. Don't leave Montgomery without it!

Liorah
Liorah

Wonderful!

4 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2012

I was visiting my boyfriend, who is in the Air Force and training at Maxwell, and we went to this place one night. It was WONDERFUL! The staff was super friendly, knowledgeable, and accommodating. I got the Tempeh Fajitas, and they were delicious, as was the guacamole and pineapple salsa. My boyfriend loved is carnivorous food as well. We loved it so much that we went back the next night. I got a Tempeh and Black Bean Burrito, and again, it was just incredible. If you are in Montgomery, you should give it a try.

Pros: Great Food, Great Staff, Priced Right
Cons: Can get really busy
Justin K.
Justin K.

Delicious Food - Wonderful Night Abiance

4 Posted on 02 / 01 / 2012

Tried to stop by here for lunch only to realize they are only open from 4-10. Luckily Cafe Louisa is right across the street. Came back a different night with an omnivore and we both had amazing meals. Food was super fresh (chips and guac) and tasty!! Omnivore co-worker had a huge meal that she loved and I loved mine as well. Staff was very pleasant and are very cognizant of everything from food source to veganism. Humongous beer list if that's your thing, specials/events listed on their website. Definitely worth checking out, and if the weathers agreeable grab a seat out on the front porch/balcony area - the lights in the trees and the old-timey street lend a certain character to the evening that's hard to describe. Definitely will be back (omni co-worker already went back with other people from work ... to rave reviews!)

Pros: Delicious food, amazing beer list, charming atmosphere
Cons: limited hours
  • Justin K. Justin K.

I keep going back; this place a great! Try the Nachos Estupendo - skip the dairy and add some Tempeh or rice. Delicious mega meal right there, bring your appetite.

Dear Owner and Manager of El Rey Burrito Lounge: