Serves meat, veg options available. Pizzeria. Has Daiya vegan cheese and faux pepperoni and faux bacon. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg

First Review by xDalstarx
nsweeney
nsweeney

One of the best pizza's ever

4 Posted on 12 / 23 / 2013

We were passing through the area and decided to try them since they sounded vegan friendly. Wow, they are extremely vegan friendly. Staff was very friendly and helpful and explained that almost all of their menu can be made in a vegan version. We got the buffalo chicken pizza and garlic bread. It was really good crust and flavor was fantastic. I would eat there again in a heartbeat.

Pros: Vegan versions of everything almost, Friendly staff
Docmartin9
Docmartin9

Pizza Redemption!

4 Posted on 07 / 29 / 2013

I had just about given up on pizza until trying this place! Vegan cheese is still the weak link but over all very good.

Pros: Gluten Free, Gornet Pizza, Gluten Free Beer
isabeldivine
isabeldivine

Great pizza!

4 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2013

Food is fabulous and they're very careful about making sure your order is correct. If you get vegan bacon and regular cheese they check and double check. The extra effort is very much appreciated.

sweetzoe
sweetzoe

THE BEST VEGAN-GLUTEN FREE PIZZA I EVER HAD!!!

4 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2012

THANKS TO HAPPYCOW SITE I WAS ABLE TO FIND SOME GOOD VEGAN/VEGETARIAN FRIENDLY PLACES TO EAT IN SANTA BARBARA WHILE ON VACATION. MY HIGHLIGHT WAS PIZZA GURU. THE BEST VEGAN- GLUTEN FREE PIZZA I EVER HAD. I ORDER THE NIRVANA WITH DAIYA CHEESE AND GLUTEN FREE CRUST MINUS THE FETA CHEESE OH AND THE CLOVES OF GARLIC(I LIKE GARLIC BUT IT SOUNDED LIKE TO MUCH FOR MY TASTE BUDS). ANYWAYS, STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY IN HELPING US DECIDE WHAT TO GET SINCE IT WAS MY FIRST TIME. MY HUSBAND AND I LOVE IT!!! I STILL DREAM OF THE DAY WE GO BACK TO SANTA BARBARA AND GET TO EAT SOME OF PIZZA GURU'S DELICIOUS PIZZA. I TRYED MANY GLUTEN FREE PIZZA IN THE LA AREA AND THEY HAVE BEEN A DISSAPOINTMENT.

EVERY TIME I AM IN SANTA BARBARA I WILL BE EATING AT PIZZA GURU.

Pros: DAIYA CHEESE, YUMMY GLUTEN-FREE CRUST, FRIENDLY STAFF
Cons: NONE
LT
LT

Pretty Good

4 Posted on 05 / 12 / 2011

We ate there on Saturday around 4:30pm had a large Vegan Mystic pizza, and beer. The pizza was exquisite; it satisfied all our pizza cravings. The cashier/waiter was pleasant and our pizza was ready in 15 minutes. Yum.

Pros: Vegan pizza, Fast service, Beer & Wine
Cons: Pricey
irlandaise
irlandaise

Yummy!

4 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2011

I love that Pizza Guru actually offers Vegan pizzas WITH "CHEESE" and veggie "meats"! The atmosphere is very like a cozy traditional pizza-parlour, just like I remember going to when I was a kid. It's a wonderful treat and their pizzas are always fresh and delicious! They serve a nice selection of local wine too!

Pros: Vegan cheeses, Vegan "meats", Great crust
Cons: Delivery takes quite a while
Annakin
Annakin

Yum

4 Posted on 03 / 21 / 2010

The vegan pizza here was really great. I loved the cheese and all the different varieties of pizza you could order... Also, there are chalkboard walls in the bathroom. Guiltlessly drawing on the walls rounds off my restaurant experience.

Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: only one bathroom
dirtwolf
dirtwolf

WHHHAAAAA?!

4 Posted on 01 / 14 / 2010

First thing: The cheese this place is using is wayyy better than FYH, I think they made a good move switching over to whatever this new stuff is. Just have to say your triiiipppiiinngggggggg if you think FYH was better, cuz its not. just saying.

I like their pizza and especially like their beers at a good price too! Totally a rad place to hang out drink beers with your friends for not much money and eat some pizza

YA!

Pros: Good Beer, Vegan Friendly, Happy Hour Deals
Cons: slow , slow, slow
veggefatale
veggefatale

Going Downhill

2 Posted on 12 / 04 / 2009

Pizza Guru used to be my favorite vegan-friendly joint in Santa Barbara. I'd eat there at least once a week. Unfortunately, they've switched to a severely inferior "cheese" and the customer service has gone downhill.

When I asked why they'd stopped using "Follow Your Heart" the employees blamed it on the vegan customers-- stating that vegans were demanding their money back because the cheese "didn't taste vegan." He wouldn't respond on if he'd told them that they'd been using the product from the well-known Follow Your Heart deli, but instead switched to a product that is dry and essentially tasteless.

Pros: Good beer on tap, Some friendly employees
Cons: New employees not friendly, Nasty "cheese"
xDalstarx
xDalstarx

The GU

4 Posted on 10 / 17 / 2009

The best vegan pizza I have ever had. the only thing close to as good is pizza pi from Seattle. The white house is amazing and so the pesto pizza along with faux pepperoni.

• Annakin Annakin

The vegan pizza here was great. Pizza Pi in Seattle is better, in my opinion, but they are both excellent finds. :)

Dear Owner and Manager of Pizza Guru: