Picazzo's Organic Italian K...

Serves meat, veg options available. Pizza, pasta, salads, veggie plates, and desserts with many vegetarian choices, including pizza with vegan cheese. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Non-veg
1855 Arizona 89A
Sedona, Arizona 86336
928-282-4140

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by SynthVegan
ASomerville
ASomerville

Awesome! Tons of options

Posted on 07 / 23 / 2015

Wow! SO many options, including a ton of GF options if that's your thing. I had the white pizza with added sun dried tomatoes. Delicious! Perfect crust, on the thin side but not a cracker. My nephew had the vegan strips (Beyond Meat, for sure) with BBQ sauce and said they were great. The fruit bowl was good too, lots of berries. I loved this place and I can't wait to come back and try some different options.

Pros: Dozens of vegan options
Cons: On the expensive side
AmeliaC
AmeliaC

Deserves 6!

Posted on 06 / 11 / 2015

WOW. This place... Wonderfully, deliciously, absolutely incredible. I could have eaten here every night of our Sedona trip.

Their whole concept is farm-to-table, and the menu is wide and generous. Vegan substitutions like Beyond Meat and Follow Your Heart are complimentary. I could write a novel about how good the food was. We had a new salad, I believe it was called a Farmers something. With the removal of the cheese and one other veggie we weren't fond of, the salad was vegan and just absolutely incredible with pepitas and cranberries and kale and romain and roasted cauliflower and a lemon olive oil dressing. We also ordered the BBQ chicken strips and it was, by far, the best Beyond Meat chicken I've ever had, complete with those heavenly bits of burnt BBQ sauce. The Pizza... OH THE PIZZA! They offer a dedicated vegan pizza with vegan Alfredo sauce or marinara- we couldn't decide which sauce to order so our waitress suggested half and half, which is exactly what we did. I could live for a month off that pizza! The app, the half order salad, and the small 12' pizza was more than enough food for two ravenous vegans and half the pie went home with us. Did I mention Tuesday's bottles of wine are half off?! Hands down, one of the best vegan experiences of my life!

Pros: dedicated vegan pizza , great vegan substitutions
Cons: only that they don't have one in Vegas
Tigra220
Tigra220

Best Vegan Option in Sedona

Posted on 05 / 26 / 2015

Now that Simon's Hot Dogs has closed, this is my new go-to restaurant for vegan food in Sedona. Many of the appetizers, pastas, and pizzas can be made vegan.

The vegan "chicken" strips (looks like they might use the Beyond Meat strips) come in a variety of flavors. On this visit, I tried the Hot Chipotle, Maple BBQ, and Spicy Red Thai Curry flavors. The Red Thai Curry was delicious but not at all spicy (which was disappointing). The Hot Chipotle was also underwhelmingly pretty mild. Maple BBQ was ok; I probably wouldn't get it again.

We also tried the Roasted Potatoes (vegan option, which omits the parmesan cheese). They were bland/ flavorless and undercooked. Disappointing. We sent them back.

For the entree I tried one of their newer dishes: Chipotle "Chicken" made vegan. It was also surprisingly bland. Maybe next time I need to specify extra spicy or extra flavorful to see if that makes a difference.

They offered a vegan garlic bread, which was ok.

For dessert, I got the vegan Apple Cobbler with Coconut Ice Cream. This was quite excellent!

They are a bit over-priced, even for organic food. I suggest going during Happy Hour (3p-6p every day), to take advantage of 50% off appetizers.

This place has its ups and downs, but it is currently the best option for vegan food in Sedona.

Pros: many vegan options
Cons: some food is bland, over-priced, smelly bathroom

msbritt
msbritt

Great Vegan Options

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2015

Was our favorite restaurant in Sedona. After becoming vegan, we were pleased to see lots of great vegan/vegetarian options as appetizers, salads, and the pizza.

Would gladly give 5 stars if I could - the number of veggie options and the quality of both food and service are deserving of it.

Zann
Zann

Vegan Pizza just okay

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2015

We ordered the vegan pizza to go, and weren't all that impressed with it. The crust was dry, and the sauce had little flavor. Still, it's nice to have vegan options in town.

mouser1
mouser1

Vegan Pizza!

Posted on 12 / 16 / 2014

We stopped in for lunch today and had the vegan buffalo chicken as appetizers. They are served with celery, apple slices and vegan blue cheese. They were very good. I had the pick two lunch special. I chose the slice of pizza and salad. You get to choose the sauce and 2 toppings. There are a few salads to choose from. My meal was delicious!

JSavs
JSavs

Love this place!!!

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2014

What a wonderful place for vegans & non-vegans to dine together. They offer vegan crust & cheese, organic sauce and a ton of vegan toppings! Those who love broccoli must have the spicy curry coconut broccoli crowns...Every visit to Sedona we look forward to eating here with a prickly pear margarita in hand! This place needs to be 5 cows, list it as a vegetarian restaurant, it has more vegan options than half these places!!!

Qcj
Qcj

Awesome vegan pizza!

Posted on 08 / 15 / 2014

This place was great! It should be #1 on the best vegan places to eat in Sedona. We had the vegan pie which was amazing. Worth the stop. Fresh veggies, "chickn", non-dairy cheese and the crust was yummy. What more could a vegan ask for? They also have salads with non-dairy dressings. The staff was friendly and the was clean, portions were large and we left feeling full and happy. If I could give it a five cow rating I would. You won't be disappointed stopping in for a meal here!

Beagle Mom
Beagle Mom

Great Pizza

Posted on 06 / 22 / 2014

I had a delicious salad and my husband had a wonderful pizza. Very pleasant sitting outside. Nice wine selection.

Pros: Good Vegan Choices, Nice Patio
SkipStein
SkipStein

Delicious Meal

Posted on 03 / 11 / 2014

We were passing through the Sedona area and got hungry. We found Picazzo's and stopped. All organic but not all vegan. There are several delicious vegan pizza selections on the menu and we enjoyed every bite. Friendly service and attentive to detail. Happy to serve us our Vegan choice!

When you are on the road, finding a decant place that serves a delicious vegan meal can be hard to find!

Pros: Vegan Selections, Delicious, Great Service
Cons: Limited Vegan Choices
guitrs8
guitrs8
  • herbivore

You won't be sorry! Trust me!! :)

Posted on 03 / 01 / 2014

We visited this restaurant after reading the reviews posted here, and were so happy that we did! They make the most amazing pizza's...even completely vegan! It was soooo good. It was happy hour, so we sat in the bar to take advantage of the drink specials. Sometimes you fear poor service in a bar, but that was NOT the case here! The service was EXCELLENT!! And, we were quite dusty from our hike, but were treated wonderfully. Thanks for a great time, and we will be sure to bring all of our friends!

Pros: Great food choices, Friendly staff, Delicious!
Ethan
Ethan

Great pizza, great service

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

When we asked the maître d' at the restaurant if the pizza dough had eggs in it he said it did. It turns out, he was mistaken: Only the gluten-free go has eggs. The original crust and the multigrain are both Vegan.

We had of the Asian salad: delicious! We did the "build your own pizza". My husband did a traditional tomato sauce with sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke bottoms, caramelized onions and Daiya cheese While I did a savory pizza with Indian curry sauce, dates, figs, pineapple and avocado with Daiya cheese. Everything was excellent.

Our server was so solicitous and helpful. When I asked him about the Indian curry sauce, he offered to bring the jar in from the kitchen so I could read the label.

This place is crowded, sometimes hectic, but always relaxing and fun all the same. They really hustle here and get their patrons fed and move customers along without feeling rushed.

This is a GREAT spot for vegan pizza in town.

Pros: Delicious, Good service, Great menu
Cons: a bit pricey, Sometimes, a bit of a wait
MGSUCH
MGSUCH

great pizzas and salads

Posted on 03 / 24 / 2013

The original and whole wheat crusts are both vegan; the gluten-free contains eggs. They have daiya cheese, so you can make your own pizza. The Asian salad is great, fantastic dressing.
Our server was amazing. My husband asked about the curry sauce and the waiter brought out a jar so he could read it - it is vegan.
This is a great option for vegan dining.

Pros: vegan options, friendly staff, reasonable prices
SynthVegan
SynthVegan

Picazzo's

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2012

Love love love!!!! The Avocado Delish pasta was AMAZING. I even tried to make it myself when I returned home, but alas this place cannot be beat. The pasta is light and incredibly flavorful - and quite garlicky.

Dear Owner and Manager of Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen: