Self-service vegetarian buffet with salads and many choices for main courses. Has a small menu in English. Offers a bargain lunch meal with salad. Dinner menu is more expensive. Spacious and relaxed environment. Also sells herbs and spices. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Spanish, International, Buffet, Salad bar, Beer/Wine

First Review by anto
Pinktrack
Pinktrack

Delicious

5 Posted on 05 / 18 / 2014

I ate here for lunch and it was absolutely worth every penny. The salad bar was buffet style, you were able to order a main dish from the chef, and it included a dessert or coffee. The salad was fresh and the main meal was yummy. Staff was also very friendly! If I was staying in Barcelona longer I would definitely go there again.

hack_man
hack_man

Barcelona is Changing - Keep up

4 Posted on 04 / 12 / 2014

And here is the history lesson......in 2009 this was an amazing place to spend New Year's Eve. The place was bustling, it was 30 Euros for a four course meal, wine and cava and fantastic friendly service, great atmosphere and superb food. A beautiful industrial warehouse themed building with perfect lighting and seating. On the Eve of 2012 there were two options for dining, a €27 special New Year's Eve all inclusive menu or a €17 regular daily special consisting of soup & salad, choice of main course and water. On 31 Dec 2012 the mains were a satisfying vegan paella, moussaka, a tapas plate or a thai curry. Pretty similar stats in April 2014. For me Organic is a still must when in Barcelona, but only just a must. One of my former top 10 places has now superseded by other Barca veggie newbies. I used to absolutely love it here but now that Barcelona has a burgeoning veggie scene sprouting up, Organic has simply not kept up the pace.

Pros: atmosphere, food
Cons: can be basic, some staff not interested
Nina Vegan
Nina Vegan

I do not recommend

2 Posted on 02 / 07 / 2014

The place is huge but cold atmosphere.
Even the salad bar was not appetizing when I went there!
Poor choice and not so fresh salads.
The soup was not inviting either!
We just had juices and kept looking for a decent place to enjoy a meal!

phillygirl79
phillygirl79

Not sure how this place is so highly rated

2 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2014

I just ate here tonight, and I was pretty disappointed. It was not horrible, and I am grateful for any place in Spain that caters to vegans at all, but this place was average at a push. The salad bar was decent, and I could see it being a good option if you work nearby and want a quick lunch, but that's about as good as it gets here. I ordered the vegetable paella (one of only two vegan options) because reviewers here and a travel book raved about it. It was literally just bland rice and vegetables (like what we often get served at weddings when no one knows what to give us), and there were no sauces to help perk things up. I am not the kind of person to call food bland as I am not into salty or spicy things, so if I think it's bland, it's bad! In fact, much about this place seemed like the food was an after thought. The menu is small and had little for vegans (none of it is marked, and I was not confident the server actually knew what was/wasn't vegan). The service was slow and uncertain (very few questions received confident answers), too. The desserts, as many other reviewers rightly noted, are limited and terrible. We saw yummy-looking cakes sitting out, but we were offered only a choice of mousses (my companion is not vegan), and vegans only get to choose between apple sauce and a roasted apple. I got to pick which apple I got. I chose the one that looked least like it had been run over by a car. A roasted apple that is warm and seasoned could be bliss. A cold, mushy, tasteless apple, however, is just gross. Barcelona has a number of places that cater to veggies/vegans now, so this place needs to step it up if it hopes to compete. If you want a quick and cheap lunch, I suppose this place would be ok, but I'd rather go to Maoz if that's what I want. At least there, I know I'll be limited in options but will get good food in exchange! Vegans, definitely go elsewhere!

Pros: Relatively inexpensive, Could be a quick lunch, Salad bar is decent
Cons: Food not very good, Terrible and limited options for vegans, Lame desserts
NomadShane
NomadShane

Nice Place Near Liceau Metro.

4 Posted on 10 / 26 / 2013

Small but good salad bar. Offers a variety of greens, cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, olives, potatoes, and hard boiled eggs. Quinoa and rice with beans too. Would like to see more options, such as celery, peppers, broccoli, nuts/seeds, and a variety of beans without the rice. But its decent enough.Lunch is 12.50 Euro for soup, salad bar, entree (1-3 choices) a small drink and dessert. I got the vegan paella, it was good. Good price imo. Very friendly waitstaff and quiet ambiance. Huge place, cant imagine ever having to wait.

Pros: Price, Ambiance, Value
Cons: Salad Bar Choices
aps101
aps101

Solid Choice

5 Posted on 08 / 18 / 2012

Organic offers a buffet or an a la carte menu. They also offer the traditional 3 course menu. The buffet is small but solid, all the choices are interesting ones without a lot of the "filler" dishes that many places use to make a buffet seem larger but are not particularly interesting. Everything on the buffet was worth trying.

I also had the paella. It was incredible. Delicate tastes and a very generous portion. One of the best dishes out of two weeks in Spain.

I was a bit early for the dinner rush when I was there which was great as I ended up chatting with the owner's daughter who was running the place that night. She was great and super friendly. There was also another table that was great to chat with. One of those really welcoming places where you enjoy everything about the experience.

Pros: Healthy Food, Friendly, Big Space
OneNightStanzas
OneNightStanzas

Best vegan paella in Barcelona

3 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

I ate here with my partner (who'd been before on a previous trip and really liked it) and we were greeted by the owner, who's a totally lovely, warm, funny gentleman -- very nice welcome! The waitress who was working seemed a bit weird though - she would not come near our table and we wondered if maybe she was nervous serving foreigners as she only seemed to serve native Spanish/Catalan speakers. This did mean that more than one group who came in after us were served before us... we were a bit miffed. But it was OK -- we went for the menu del dia which has a cool self-service system and you can go for as much/little as you want, pick your own salad etc. I had vegan paella and I'd say it MUST be the best vegan paella in the city... so freaking delicious. Worth a visit for that alone! The desserts, unfortunately, were awful -- nothing for vegans except a bowl of mushed apple which looked like baby food, I declined. In fact, all the desserts seemed to be pureed/liquid. My partner had one but found it slimy and odd. Sad times :( We did like the place -- quite quiet when we went in but it's funky and the decor is cool. I imagine it's a great lively place when there are more folk there! Worth a visit but some negative aspects.

Pros: Vegan paella! OMG!, The owner is a legend!, Self-service all-you-can-eat salad bar
Cons: All the pureed desserts. We have teeth!!, Shy/odd waitress
aifos
aifos

Always nice

3 Posted on 02 / 23 / 2012

This place is huge, and although it can be busy it's always pretty quiet.
The salad bar is great, but as I've been there several times I'm a bit bored of it, nothing new in years.
The seconds are good, but it needs more vegan options and also not very imaginative.
The portions are very big, so you won't end up hungry.
The desserts fail for me, no vegan options other than an unappetizing baked apple.

Pros: cheap, quite place, big portions
Cons: not enough vegan options, same food for years
danielgilboa59
danielgilboa59

Fun place, good food

4 Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

Been to this place a number of times. It is family managed, speaking to owners makes an interesting evening.
Large selection buffet bar + an interesting selection of mains.
Space and deco can provide an intimate or gang atmosphere, depending on where you chose to sit.
Price is very reasonable for what you get.

Pros: Buffet, Location, food selection and quality
clark
clark

fresh and tasty

5 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2012

We ate dinner here twice during a trip to Barcelona and it was our favorite restaurant. The food here is simple, hearty, and focused on the ingredients. What made this place for us was how fresh their produce was. It was very delicious and stood out compared to the other vegetarian places we tried in Barcelona. If you're looking for something fancy though this probably isn't the place you're looking for. The decor, menu, and self-service reflect this. The way the system works is that you order an entree from a menu of three or four choices and then help yourself to their soup and salad bar. After your meal, you walk over to the counter/fridge and choose a dessert. Service from the wait staff was also good especially if you get the tall, older gentleman. He was very friendly and helpful. The shorter, rotund fellow is a bit more workmanlike but don't let that deter you. If you're in Barcelona, definitely give this place a visit.

Pros: very fresh, cheap prices, good wine
Cons: limited entree selection
Happyheffer
Happyheffer

Good food but poor service

3 Posted on 09 / 28 / 2011

The food was really tasty and the 3 course meal was about 13 euros. We had a fab jug of Sangria with cava!

Our waiters were, however, a bit of a comedy show. We had these lovely 2 old guys running around looking busy but not really doing much. We chose to the see the funny side of the situation.

But good salad bar and tasty mains.

AEast10025
AEast10025

Great Service

5 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2011

Waiter was exceptionally friendly and helpful. Restaurant was empty when we went for dinner on Thursday night. All you can eat salad bar or soup option. Lots of menu options. Four of us got the paella (very good), tapas (ok) and lasagna (good). For dessert we got the chocolate mousse, cake and a baked apple. Food was tasty. Cost was about 15 euro/person. Location was central. Atmosphere was nicest of other veggie places we visited in Barcelona.

Shani
Shani

Under expectation

2 Posted on 04 / 03 / 2011

I have read so many great stuff about this restaurant, that was really looking forward to eat here,..
First day I had vegan paella,..well it was ok...the salad bar seemed not so fresh,..and the kitchen didn't feelt clean at all.
The second day I had falafels,..whele they were some kind of oily patties,..apart from that that I was waiting for long time to get my plate and got it with dairy first!
The waiters and the owners didn't seem very friendly,...and cooks lack of interest what you could definetely feel in food.
I also took my friends who live in Barcelona there, they were also dissapointed and had some stomach upset,..

I would not recommend this restaurant, hopefully they will improve,..

FP
FP

Ahhh...Finally!

5 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2010

Our third day in Spain: family of four--mom, dad, 13 year old ovolacto vegetarians and a finicky 10 year novice vegan. Finding something edible has been such a challenge. Last night sought out Organic for dinner, and what a relief! It was expensive, but so has every dinner been in this town. This was definitely within local range. The guidebook said it would be crowded, but in fact, it was almost empty. Ordered four different items from the dinner menu and shared-tapas, paella, oriental, & calzone..Beautifully presented, decent-sized portions. Not sure what "real" paella tastes like, but wasn't looking for authenticity just delicious food and it really delivered on that.
Planning our day so we can be somewhere in its vicinity--or its branch location for lunch today. Wait staff was fantastic. Highly recommended!

Pros: vegan options, variety, good sized dinner portions
Cons: expensive, but not for Barcelona
happycowinparis
happycowinparis

this is the best !

5 Posted on 07 / 01 / 2010

nice decoration, very good music, brazilian jazz:-)
good food, nice price : lunch menu 9,5 euros, dinner 15 euros. including a salad or/and soup, main cource ( brown rice, seitan or vegetables, usually 3 main cource for choice at lunch, and more for dinner ) and a cake.
Great ! the salad bar has a big choice, you can almost eat only a salad, there are potatos and boiled egg and lots of vegetables. i chose the very tasty home made pesto sauce.

Great place !

Hanna
Hanna

sort of ok

2 Posted on 04 / 02 / 2010

The food was... how to say... it was ok, not super, but eatable. Not too much choice but still ok food. Maybe we won't be visiting this place anymore but we don't regret eating there either.

hotchie_doggie
hotchie_doggie

Maybe a bad day?

2 Posted on 03 / 14 / 2010

Good salad bar and soup of the day. My wife and I ordered two of the four mains available that day; both were poor. The tapas were tasteless and made up of the sides from the other dishes - cold refried beans and under-ripe avocados, to name two. After seeing such amazing produce in the market off La Rambla we were extremely dissappointed to not see any at this resaurant!

Pros: Salad bar, Nutritional yeast
Cons: Poor food, Overpriced
milosz13
milosz13

excellent food, nice service

5 Posted on 03 / 02 / 2010

I ate here twice. on the first evening I arrived very late (23.00) and was told that the chief had already left. the waitress noticed that I was hungry and disappointed so she offered me to eat a big plate from the salad menu. it tasted very good and together with the cake filled me nicely for app. 16 euros. on the next day I arrived earlier and opted for the menu which is 15 € I think. you can choose a soup, a small salad plate, a main course and a dessert. all dishes are eligible. everything was really tasty and I would definitely go to eat there again although I considered it a little bit expensive all in all.

Munchi-chi
Munchi-chi

Worth a visit.

3 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2009

We ate one meal at this location. I don't remember what we ate but recall that it was good basic vegan food. The menu has mostly vegetarian items so you want to ask which is vegan.
We were able to purchase soy milk there which was great since it seems that soy milk in coffee places didn't exist anywhere!

Pros: some vegan options
veggiebrit
veggiebrit

HORRIBLE PIZZA & EXPENSIVE

2 Posted on 03 / 19 / 2009

I have been a vegetarian for 15 years and I have tried more vegetarian pizzas than I could mention. HowEver this vegetable pizza is probably the worst I have ever tried and probably the most expensive (11 Euros) The vegetable topping was ok but the base which consisted of a reheated wholemeal pitta bread was disgusting- burnt and inedible. As I was on a short break to Barcelona I didn't feel like complaining at the time but I just want to make other veggie diners aware :-(
N.B I WOULD HAVE RATED THIS RESTAURANT AS 1 BUT THE SITE WILL ONLY ALLOW A LOWEST RATING OF 2 FOR FULLY VEGETARIAN RESTAURANTS...

Pros: AMBIENCE, LOCATION
Cons: PRICE, FOOD
livnam
livnam

THE BEST VEGETARIAN IN BARCELONA

5 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2009

THE FOOD IS VERY DELICIOUS, NATURAL. THE PLCE IS VERY NICE, AND THE STAFF VERY SIMPATICS.

Dougie
Dougie

Delicious food

4 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2008

My partner and I had a delicious evening meal at Organic. Unfortunately the single waiter on duty was under pressure and service was a bit slow. Thankfully, when the order reached the kitchen the food was prepared within minutes.

Also, don't forget the takeaway place in the main Boqueria - great for lunch.

Pros: Great food, Good value
Cons: Slow service
ChaTo
ChaTo

Good, but pricey at night

4 Posted on 09 / 22 / 2008

For lunch time it is excellent and there is a lot of food for a reasonable price. At night when there is no menu it is too expensive for the quality.

Shahzad and Kelly
Shahzad and Kelly

Our all-time favourite!

5 Posted on 05 / 24 / 2008

We've have travelled the globe, seeking out veg*n eateries as we go.

So far, and without doubt, this ranks as our all time favourite.

Organic, Vegan-friendly, absolute wonderful healthy quality foods, fantastic variety and an all-you-can-eat menu for 10euros! (14€ weekend). Absolutely astonishing.

This restaurant is absolute most (as is their market stall). we delayed our departure from Barcelona by a couple days just so we could take in the restaurant a couple of more times!!

Pros: organic, great value, friendly staff
Cons: none!
syntheticore
syntheticore
  • raw

Pretty good for Europe ;)

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2008

I need to preface this by saying that I'm raw and I lived in NYC and California. I came here having found somewhere on the web that this place was vegan and possibly raw. The truth is that it is vegan friendly, and not raw. They do have salads, and some whole fruits, but that was about it.

The other issue is that the price is about 14 euro per person for dinner, and you need to figure out what's in everything... ie is it even vegan? The atmosphere was nice, it reminded me of a Bobono's or something similar. So if you are stranded in Europe and need something vegetarian or vegan this place is great. Otherwise, just stop by the market and buy some fresh fruits and save your money for a trip across the pond for some real raw foods. :)

Pros: Quiet
Cons: Not a lot of english speakers
  • Giselle Giselle

Sometimes all information floating in the air is not accurate :)
    Our restaurant has never been promoted as raw, though we may have the best salad bar in town. Now, I would say my English is amazingly good, but not all people living in Barcelona have parents that can afford excellent education for their kids:)
    And the most raw thing you can find at our place, it belongs to my mum, is me, I'm a 100% raw vegan :)
    Next time you cross the pond you can ask for Giselle and I'll treat you like raw royalty :)
    There is no such thing as a raw place in Barcelona, that's why you'll find me sometimes at Quintessence, PureFood or Organic Avenue on a weekend trip to NY, because I get bored in Barcelona, but then the weather is awesome here :)

• anto anto

sounds like you need to set up your own "raw" forum. "across the pond" eh? maybe you shouldn't cross it so.

jackie6
jackie6

veggies in europe!

5 Posted on 01 / 30 / 2008

i've been to organic on 2 trips to barcelona and was totally happy both times. the food is really fresh and comforting. so many times in europe the only option is meat or white bread with cheese. i love their casserole/lasagna-style entrees and it's a great salad bar too.

Pros: fresh and delicious, lots of space
Haggai
Haggai

Nice food with good surroundings

4 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2007

A nice place to eat and rest for a while. It's a shame there's no service and it's all about the buffet (in which it's hard to make out what's vegan and what's not) - but the food is fairly good, some of the workers speak English, and the general air of the place is quite nice.
The food is good healthy food, and comes in nice big plates which can be filled time and time again.

Pros: healthy, tasty, nice air
Cons: buffet, no marks for vegan food
evaprescott
evaprescott

cockroaches

2 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2007

A three course meal is now 18 euros and not really value for money. The food is alright but not very interesting.
The worst part however is cockroaches roaming the floor and even climbing up my friends coat to reach her shoulder. The staff - all very young - did not seem to mind and were quite unsympathetic to our loss of appetite. We could not finish the meal but the staff insisted on that we had to pay the full price. Their only comment was that they were buddhists and thus could not kill cockroaches. We suggest keeping the place cleaner instead and warn customers to look out for cockroaches in the food. If they can climb up chairs why not into the salad buffet too.

Pros: smoke free
Cons: cockroaches, indifferent staff, boring food
  • Giselle Giselle

My name is Giselle and Organic belongs to my mother.
    I'm a raw vegan and animal rights activist. I remember what you're describing exactly as I am the one that said to you that I would not kill the cockroach. I'm proud to exist in peace with all animals in the planet, you never know, you could reincarnate into a cockroach next life, I promise not to kill you :)

anto
anto

Excellant!

5 Posted on 08 / 06 / 2007

Very helpful and friendly staff. food delicious and healthy. 3 course meal for €10 salad/soup buffet that you can return to as much as you want. lovely hot 2nd dish and desert after (choc cake a little rich perhaps). nice atmosphere and great place to chat, sit around. well worth a visit!

Pros: lovely healthy food, helpful staff, great value

Incredible!

5 Posted on 07 / 19 / 2007

The Organic I went to was on Carrer Pintor Fortuny, just off La Rambla. It is take-away style with wonderful fresh juices- all vegetarian, all organic. Also some vegan options. But there are a few small counters with stools to eat inside- or just do what we did and sit outside on the street enjoying the scenery while eating delicious food. The staff is wonderful and helpful and the food is always amazing. (Try the "hamburguesa"- all vegan- incredible!) The food was relatively cheap too! I got juice (freshly "squeezed"), "hamburger", paella, and salad, all for 7.50 euros!

Pros: vegan/vegetarian, inexpensive, good location
Cons: none

O my Lord

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2007

I have never ever had a better dining experience on any of my travels!
Half way through our stay, they changed the whole concept and it's still delicious!
I recommend the calzone.
The staff is extremely nice and lovable.
And you can buy a tshirt that says: organis is orgasmic!
I wear mine with pride!