Located in the large Boqueria Market on La Rambla and Boquria St, this restaurant is in the very back. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Spanish, Take-out only

ingridk
ingridk

A basic restaurant / Un restaurante básico

Posted on 12 / 14 / 2014

Fresh decent salad buffet, main dish, dessert and tea or coffee. Huge place, as it was an industrial warehouse.Used to be one of the best vegetarian restaurants in Barcelona, but things have changed since the new management. Now it is just a simple, basic vegetarian restaurant.

Bufet decente de ensalada fresca, plato principal, postre y café o té. Local muy grande, ya que era un almacén.Solía ser uno de los mejores restaurantes vegetarianos de Barcelona, pero las cosas han cambiado desde la nueva dirección. Ahora es sólo un restaurante vegetariano simple, básico.

daveharruk
daveharruk

OK

Posted on 11 / 09 / 2014

It is good that vegetarian/vegan food is available in the market which is very accessible, being very close to a metro station, however this offers little more than is available in other nearby take away food sellers so I wouldn't recommend it. The information was not clear on what was vegan or how much everything cost - and we ended up paying over €20 for a couple of trays of Samosa, falafel, rice and salad - which was excessive. Also, the food was greasy, there is nowhere to sit (we were ordered off the tables we were pointed towards, which were actually owned by another business) and the owner gave us extra food in our trays without telling us how much it would cost.

Pros: Easily accessible
Cons: Poor quality food, Expensive
DanielAmaral
DanielAmaral

Ok with good surprises

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2014

The place is kinda of hard to find when you enter the Boqueria Market for the first time. It is at the end of the market (when you enter it from the ramblas). I chose a samosa with the paella. Then I received a lot of salad and vegetables and some fried stuff that were really good. And the yellow sauce was also nice. It cost me 10 euros for the portion (it is overpriced by barcelona standards).

Pros: ok food, fried stuff
Cons: 10 euros

dor_dafna
dor_dafna

nice to see such place in the market

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2013

most of the food comes with cheese and there are few options for vegans...the dishes are overpriced but the food itself is good

Pros: nice food
Cons: price, not enough vegan options
hack_man
hack_man

Great idea in a meat filled market

Posted on 01 / 04 / 2013

Organic are a great company, with their fabulous flag ship restaurant on Junta De Commerc. The Market Boqueria is not a place for the queazy vegetarian or vegan. Personally, although I do find it disgusting to see animal carcasses and whole dead birds on full show in a market I am prepared to accept this as a current fact of life. Eventually, many decades into the future it will hopefully be something that people will look back on in disgust. However, the fact a vegetarian company has set up shop here to show people the wonders of meat-free food and stick two fingers up at the meat retailers is rather wonderful. I would not like to eat inside the market but rather buy and take-out as quickly as possible. The food at Organic is excellent serving great value tasty tapas and snacks.

Pros: tasty food
Cons: difficult to avoid the meat
Kristel
Kristel

Big dissapointment

Posted on 05 / 28 / 2012

We came here on our first day in Barcelona for a late lunch and were very dissapointed. This is something that gives vegetarian food a bad name. We had a menu for 10€, which consisted of very spicy dry paella, a slice of dried out pizza, half a tomato with some cheese on it, a piece of dried out bread with some spicy vegetables on it, some deep-fried croquettes, all microwaved together but not really warm, and some lettuce. It really didn't look good, didn't taste good, didn't smell good. We will not be going back there, totally not worth the money.

Cons: expensive for what it is, not fresh, not tasty
Atwoodster
Atwoodster

Overpriced But Decent

Posted on 07 / 24 / 2011

Most self serving plates go for ten euros. It's pretty tasty, however it comes with a lot of "filler" foods that you don't really want in the first place. Nonetheless, I'd recommend it if you're passing through the Boqueria.

Pros: Tasty
Cons: Overpriced, Too much "filler" foods with your main course
gr8vegan
gr8vegan

echoing the review below

Posted on 06 / 07 / 2009

These are a chain of a pretty bland concept. Vegans will find nothing more than an oily mess and blandness. Organic is Orgasmic is on their Tshirts... sex must be pretty bad in Spain if that's the case....

Cons: bland, oily, limited vegan selection
Munchi-chi
Munchi-chi

Hospital street location

Posted on 05 / 31 / 2009

We didn't eat at this location, but since the food in the display at the Boqueria location looks just like the food at the Hospital street location I figured I'd write my review here. Almost all of the food has cheese on it which didn't seem very necessary. We asked which was vegan and was only given 3 choices. I got the spicy burrito and my husband got the non-spicy. It was OK, really nothing to write home about, but they not only give you the burrito, they load it up w/ a weird onion goop, possibly hummus, & something else I don't recall. I really just wanted the burrito but it was a huge plate of food.
When we were at the Boqueria location there was an English couple buying something and was quite shocked when they were handed this plate full stuff!
I guess it's really a good value for the price 6-7 euros, but I could have done without.

Pros: value
Cons: extra's i didn't want or need
Stevie
Stevie

Organic, Boqueria Market, Barca

Posted on 01 / 28 / 2008

Very popular take away stall in the Boqueria Market just off La Rambla.

Pros: Vegan veggie friendly, central

Dear Owner and Manager of Organic - Boqueria: