Serves meat, veg options available. One of few places in Springfield Illinois that offers tofu. Try the curry. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vietnamese, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg
1531 Wabash Ave
Springfield, Illinois 62704
217-726-9633

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by thestickwoman
Felivi
Felivi

Wonderfully Vegan Friendly

Posted on 04 / 01 / 2014

Almost any dish they list on their menu,(I do not know the whole menu), can be made vegan by just asking for tofu or veggie, (the general tso tofu is my favorite), no egg, and no fish sauce. Very easy! Plus their delicious freezes are made with coconut milk and are already vegan. The staff is kind and patient, and you are given a generous portion for the very reasonable price. Although this is not a strictly veg restaurant, I do believe this is one place that should still be able to, and most certainly deserve, a 5-star rating.

Pros: Large portions, Good price, Almost any dish can be made vegan
veganmiss
veganmiss

Changed Ownership

Posted on 12 / 27 / 2011

Little Saigon changed ownership a bit ago and their food has suffered drastically because of it. The previous owners started a new restaurant in town, Thai Basil, with the same quality that Little Saigon used to have. I went to Little Saigon once after the ownership change and am not going back. I'd rather drive to Thai Basil. Much better food and service.

XVeganSxeX
XVeganSxeX

I like it!

Posted on 09 / 13 / 2011

I come here often for a quick tasty meal. I like the fresh spring rolls as an appetizer with a vegetable deluxe with tofu or a spicy asparagus dish with tofu. Make sure to ask for no fish or oyster sauce!

Pros: Friendly, Reasonably Priced, Fast Service

veghead2010
veghead2010

run of the mill thai

Posted on 11 / 27 / 2010

Not very good Thai food at all. The most common Thai dish Pad Thai is horrible here! Only decent Thai food I have found in Springfield is either Taste of Thai or Osaka.

Pros: friendly staff
Cons: lousy quality
ryancthompson
ryancthompson

favorite place in springfield

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2010

everytime I visit they always seem excited to see me. great food, service, very reasonable prices. many veg options. the vegitable eggrolls are vegan(just a deepfried springroll) stay away from the curry if your vegan, it contains fish oil and they cannot prepare it without it. sesame tofu or crazy noodle with tofu and no egg are my usual.

Pros: great food, very friendly, large portions
Cons: weary of fish oil in dishes
  • kindlizard kindlizard

not only is fish oil not vegan, it is not vegetarian!! be clear!

• ryancthompson ryancthompson

sorry, i assume that most vegitarians, having half-assed diets, will justify their exceptions of what they find acceptable to be vegitarian. I couldnt possibly keep up with what they find accetable to eat so i dont consider them in my reviews.

Bob W
Bob W

Excellent Food

Posted on 11 / 13 / 2009

They have excellent food with many choices on the menu. All the food that I have ordered has been very good. Some vegetarian choices. Prices are very reasonable. An excellent restaurant.

Pros: veg-friendly, fresh and very tasty, reasonable prices
thestickwoman
thestickwoman

Best tofu I've had

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2008

I usually the get the crystal noodles with vegtables and tofu stir fry and it's great. The tofu in the dish is always excellent. Their tofu appetizer was a little over fried I thought. Their spring rolls are good. They are flexible and can adjust an item in spiciness if you request. Something different than the usual fare.

Pros: good portions, excellent food, large seating area

Dear Owner and Manager of Little Saigon: