Fundies Wholefoods Cafe -...

Serves meat, veg options available. Cafe attached to a health food shop next door. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Organic, Salad bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by KelseyApple
Nikki1801
Nikki1801

Good place

3 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2013

There's quite a few spots in town to do your health food shopping, and for me when I've been in Byron I've shopped both here and at Santos.
Like mentioned in another review, this place does have strange hours (I can't remember though, sorry) and is quite cramped so a bit stressful if the store is busy! They are well stocked in beauty items though, so I was able to get hold of the toiletries I wanted and buy some other small snacks I wanted to try!
Due to their opening hours we never actually managed to eat out the cafe, probably just pot luck to be honest!

Pros: well stocked
Cons: cramped, odd opening hours
Neerga
Neerga

Good

4 Posted on 12 / 07 / 2011

This place is great for brunch. They have a great range of vegan food, good range of gluten-free options and a fantastic dessert range.

Pros: Good value, Healthy, Clean
Ken4057
Ken4057

A little pricey and bad hours

3 Posted on 03 / 01 / 2011

Tried to eat at the cafe here on two different days. They closed early the first time due to a power failure and they closed early again when I showed up at 3:55 pm. Pretty annoying. If you're looking for a late lunch or early dinner.

The store is well stocked but messy, cramped and poorly organized. Most snacks are not vegan. Some fake meats in the freezer at the back.

Santos up the street is cleaner, larger and open longer but isn't as well stocked.

gr8vegan
gr8vegan

Fundamental Foods

4 Posted on 12 / 11 / 2009

Its quite a strange bit of competition, but Fundamental Foods and Fundies Cafe are just a jump down the road from Santos. They essentially sell the same stuff in their stores, but Fundamental Foods also has a health supplement and body care store in between them, too. Also, there is a Green Garage world foods store just down the road as well that has good shopping. I suggest shopping Fundamental Foods first, then hit Santos, and then Green Garage on the way back to your vacation rental with a kitchen :)

Pros: good selection of organic staples
KelseyApple
KelseyApple

Best veggie burger in the world!

4 Posted on 12 / 28 / 2006

I still fantasize about the burgers here (3 years later). With sweet chilli sauce, soy mayonaise, grated carrots and beets, sprouts, the delicious lentil patty, and more; the burger is almost to big to fit all the layers in one bite. And reasonably priced as well for what you get. I went to this restaurant several times during the three weeks I was in Byron and I don't think I ever tried anything else...

Pros: huge, delicious, good value

Dear Owner and Manager of Fundies Wholefoods Cafe - Byron Bay: