Serves meat, veg options available. All food is made-in-house. Uses local produce. Has separate one page menu with several vegan items on one side and a handful of gluten free items on the other. Just ask for menu when being seated. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Mexican, Non-veg
327 E Market St (N Dubuque St )
Iowa City, Iowa 52240
319-358-2836

First Review by LenaH
LenaH
LenaH

Special veg* menu

Posted on 12 / 05 / 2014

I visit Iowa City frequently and El Banditos is one of my go-to places. They have a separate vegan menu for all of their meals, you just have to ask for it! They are a smallish restaurant with a warm-yet-trendy vibe, and all of the staff are very knowledgeable about what is in all of the dishes. I have had brunch, lunch, and dinner here -- all delightful experiences. I can't believe no one has reviewed them here yet, this is a perfect example of a "traditional" restaurant that knows how valuable it is to tweak a few dishes to make them available to more people. I love El Banditos and can't speak highly enough of them!

PS: I want to rate them FIVE cows, but the system says "the highest you can rate a non-vegetarian restaurant is 4 cows." So, my rating of 4 is forced; I would rate them 5 if I could.

Pros: Vegan menu!, Friendly and knowledgeable staff, Great food, large portions
Cons: Sometimes run out of vegan dishes

Dear Owner and Manager of El Banditos: