Dymocks Melbourne Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Situated within Dymocks Collins Street bookshop. Varied menu range, food is labeled. Has vegan patties, vegan Funky Pies, vegan cupcakes, salads. Decor is open-plan with formica tables and wooden chairs, some padded seating. Small upstairs landing/alcove with couch away from main seating area. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Australian, Western, Take-out, Non-veg
Lower Ground, 234 Collins Street
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
03-96399274

Open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm.

• Cash only

First Review by Tiggy
ClarkeVincent
ClarkeVincent

Cupcakes

3 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2014

I went on a Thursday just after the fresh cupcakes were delivered so got my pick of 5 different vegan cupcakes. I had peanut butter which was delicious.

There were a few savoury vegan choices that looked good too, like pies.

Pros: Location, Friendly
Cons: No Wireless
Tiggy
Tiggy

Great place for lunch in the CBD

3 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2013

My partner told me about this place a while ago and now it's become a go-to place if we're in the CBD during the day. I'll pretty much always order a Funky Pie (the best vegan pies on the market) and salad, although they have other vegan options. It's not a great looking place, but it's right in the middle of a bookshop. I'll keep coming back.

Pros: Clearly identified vegan options, Staff understand vegan, Funky Pies
Cons: Unimpressive seating and surroundings, Coffee is not fair trade

Dear Owner and Manager of Dymocks Melbourne Cafe: