CLOSED: Caribbean Cafe

Serves meat, veg options available. Offer a limited menu with a few vegan options, including lasagne and a tofu jerk burger. JAN 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN/CLOSED, LAST DAY JAN 20. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Caribbean, Italian, American, Non-veg
181 Cuba St (Vivian St)
Wellington, New Zealand

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Yvette Rigby
LindaHolman
LindaHolman

I'm gutted they are closing

Posted on 01 / 19 / 2013

I'm so sad to be typing this... but Caribbean Cafe's last day is today. The owners have a small coffee-focussed cafe up the hill in Brooklyn so hopefully they will be able to take some of their amazing vegan options up there.

SirEatsAlot
SirEatsAlot

I will fly to Wellington to eat here again!

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2012

This restaurant is my new favorite in New Zealand. The food was amazing. Clean flavors of lime, spice and other deliciousness. The vegetables were insanely fresh tasting and perfectly cooked. They had plenty of vegan options on the menu (including a chocolate brownie dessert). The owners were both knowledgeable and friendly about the vegan options. Highly recommended!

Pros: Amazing food, great staff, great restaurant
Cons: none!
Yvette Rigby
Yvette Rigby

Cheap Caribbean

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2012

The Caribbean Cafe has several vegan options, all clearly labelled - I noticed a spicy lasagna, a wrap and a tofu salad. I visited on a Monday lunchtime and I suggest others do the same - that's when they do a 2-4-1 burger special. A friend and I both got the tofu jerk burger (to veganise it, order without the swiss cheese). Very flavourful tofu and a steal with the special - only $4.50! I also ordered the pirate cake, which turned out to be a vegan chocolate cupcake with coffee icing and a piece of pineapple, so not especially Caribbean! The waitress gave me the cake half-price too, so my meal was very affordable. Thumbs up!

Pros: 2-4-1 burgers, Several vegan options, Well-labelled
Cons: Strangely formal decor

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Caribbean Cafe: