CLOSED: Cafe Elite

Opened in November 2010. Varieties of dishes include spring rolls, lo-mein, pho, sushi, panini sandwiches, vegan burger, fajita, sloppy joe, BBQ wrap, salads, soups, and smoothies. Raw dishes offered are raw pizza, raw veggie delight w/sea noodle, raw lasagna. Use Gardein protein patties. Reported closed to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, American, Vietnamese
1501 Preston Rd Unit 800 (Plano Parkway)
Plano, Texas 75093
469-828-0607

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Cloverdaze
SusanV
SusanV

Great place to eat

5 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2011

I'm stymied by the reviews about the service and the cleanliness of this place. I have been here several times and every single time it's been clean (I'm a frequent pee-er, so I have seen pretty much every bathroom in every restaurant I've been in) - not only the restroom, but also the restaurant. The service can be a little slow at times, but the staff is really nice and the food is always fresh and tasty. I'm hooked on that panini. I just can't stop ordering it. Soon I will seriously try something else on their menu. :)

Pros: Clean restaurant!, Fresh food, Delicious food
Lgstarn
Lgstarn

Affront to vegan restaurant everywhere

2 Posted on 08 / 04 / 2011

As a vegan living in Dallas, I was very excited to have a new vegan restaurant open, and so I went with my wife within the first week of them opening. The food was absolutely terrible (they messed up our order, the food was dry and tasty, etc.) and the men's bathroom was seriously one of the worst I have seen inside America. It was filthy and smelled like an outhouse. After seeing this, we immediately asked for our check and left. Another friend went and actually threw up after eating there (granted she was feeling a bit queasy before going, but after seeing the condition of the bathroom I was not at all surprised). Tonight, after hearing lots of rave reviews about the vegan cakes, I decided to go and give the place another chance. However, I am now convinced that the customer service at this restaurant is absolutely terrible. We were on our way to the restaurant around 8:00 pm to pick up some cakes. We called ahead and asked what time they were closing, and were told "soon." We asked if we could come by, and my wife said we would be there in about 10 minutes. Due to a wrong turn, we ended up taking more time, and so I called at about 8:10 to see if they could have the cakes ready for us. I was yelled at for not being there in 10 minutes, and told that the restaurant had closed at 8:00 pm (the first we heard of it) and they needed to go because there were no customers. She then said "come back tomorrow" and said she needed to go to use the phone line "for her business." She then hung up on me very rudely. We were later than 10 minutes, so it's not like we are angels or anything. However, we apologized but were still treated very poorly by a short-tempered hostess.
[edit by staff- see ToS]

Pros: Supposedly awesome vegan cakes
Cons: Food, Service, Cleanliness
  • Lgstarn Lgstarn

Above where it says "the food was dry and tasty" it should say "the food was dry and tasteless."

• OmnivoreBob OmnivoreBob

Penalty point: Unfair use of acknowledged queasy friend as evidence of restaurant quality.

jakers70
jakers70

Mediocre food, incompetent service

2 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2011

I'm from California and I was in the area for work and excited to try an all-vegan restaurant in Texas. When a co-worker and I went in at 12:15pm and there was literally no one in the restaurant on a Thursday I had a bad feeling, and it turned out to be justified. The pho soup and kebob appetizer were good, but the mock turkey panini was mediocre and the desserts were awful, like they had no sweetener in them at all.

The waitress was nice but it seriously seemed like she had never waited tables before. She served us spring rolls still wrapped in a very thin saran wrap and I bit a piece off and swallowed it before I realized something was wrong. I've been served spring rolls probably hundreds of times over the years, never have I had them served wrapped in saran wrap. No idea why they would even need to wrap them in that in the first place.

I feel bad for everyone who gave this place a good review because vegan food can be so much better than this. I've been vegan for three years and I can honestly say that if I had to eat food like this to be vegan I couldn't do it. I'm happy to see a vegan restaurant in the heart of beef country but they need to improve or throw in the towel.

Pros: Decent food
Cons: Amateurish service

Flyingmare
Flyingmare

The Best Carrot Cake

5 Posted on 03 / 28 / 2011

I was starving, so I whiped out my Happy Cow App. Cafe Elite happened to be the closest vegan resturant to the long stretch of Highway 121 that I was driving.
I found the small resturant in a strip mall. The interior was clean and nice, but plain and kinda dark. I chose to takeout and eat elsewhere. The service was very fast, and the woman helping me was very kind.
I chose the Raw Veggie Delight. It was super tasty and fresh. The saled dressing was creamy and gingery....beautiful. I ended my meal with the carrot cake. I have had, and made a lot of carrot cake. This was the best!!!
I will bring my Non Vegan/Vegatarian boyfriend her next time.

Pros: Wonderful Flavor, Clean , Friendly
Cons: small
Tommybr
Tommybr

Enjoying a place close to home

4 Posted on 01 / 17 / 2011

Have been here a couple of times, very happy. Got sandwich take out one night, enjoyed having something so flavorful and fresh, as well as healthy.

Pros: Excellent food, many choices, They aim to please
juliel85
juliel85

You must try this place!!

5 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2010

I cannot emphasize enough how incredibly awesome this place is. Everything I've had there has been excellent...but the pho will be on your mind for days after you have it. It is INSANELY good!! I ordered a small, as soon as I'd slurped up every last drop, I turned around and ordered another. I'm not kidding, it's that good.
And if you're a vegan/vegetarian, you will certainly appreciate that the restaurant is entirely vegan (a rare find in these parts)...no need to dissect the menu to ensure you're not eating anything sketchy! Everything tastes fresh and delicious, and the staff does everything they can to make you happy and comfortable.

I will say that service can be slow, so call ahead if you're in a hurry. But it is absolutely worth the wait for fresh, delicious vegan food.

How else can I say it...GO EAT THERE! Right now, if possible!! :)

Pros: fantastic food, friendly staff, great value
Cons: slow (but well-meaning) service
SillyEwe
SillyEwe

*amazing*

5 Posted on 12 / 13 / 2010

They just opened 3 days before my visit, I called prior to going, I saw the little write up of Cafe Elite on this site and thought that they were too good to be true...the lady working (kim) is super nice and smiley. I ordered the american panini which was super tasty. I also ordered a piece of cake to go, but before doing so had to ask if they used honey for anything her response was great "this is all vegan" i felt silly for asking but was please by her response.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 15, 2010
Ordered the Thanksgiving Feast, it was so good, it was a TON of food enough for 2 meals...Had some the Thanksgiving and leftovers the following night. The pumpkin pie was probably the best pumpkin pie I've ever had...If i'm still in TX next thanksgivign, i'll definitely be ordering it again.
Oh and I removed the Con of not being open sunday, since they are now.

Pros: super friendly staff, great food
Cons: only open until 8pm,
  • luu71 luu71

Cafe Elite will be opened 7 days a week starting Nobember 7, 2010. The Grand Opening will be Sunday, November 7, 2010 through November 8, 2010. All menu items will be 50% off.

txveg
txveg

great

4 Posted on 11 / 07 / 2010

I have eaten there twice now, and both times were not a disappointment. The service is very friendly, and the food tastes great. Their cakes are amazing. It is so nice that more vegan restaurants are popping up around dfw!

Elizabeth Webb
Elizabeth Webb

Super yummy

5 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2010

I went there today because I found it on this website. The google map is all wrong. It took me to some neighborhood. haha! Eventually I called the restaurant and found my way there. It's next to Baker Brother's on Preston in Plano, between Plano Pkwy and Park (in case anybody needs to know). The food was absolutely delicious and the waitress was very attentive. I had the BBQ wraps and they were super yummy! I have and will continue to recommend this place to others. It was pretty affordable and if I could afford to eat there everyday; I would.

carolann
carolann

wish you were in McKinney

4 Posted on 10 / 01 / 2010

This is a new restaurant on Preston in Plano with good food and friendly service. We've gotten take-out twice and both times our food was very good. I got the grilled panini and the ka-bob - both were yummy. I work at the hospital on Preston and wish they had delivery on Saturdays - I'd order every weekend.

Pros: vegan, good food, small place
Cons: no delivery
daisymaze
daisymaze

Excellent food, very friendly

5 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2010

I visited the restaurant about a week after it had opened, and the hostess was very sweet and friendly. The food was delicious, and the desert selection was impressive. I highly recommend checking them out.

Pros: great food, friendly staff, vegan desserts
Cloverdaze
Cloverdaze

Yummy!!!

5 Posted on 09 / 20 / 2010

I was so excited this place opened because it's pretty close to where I live compared to every other vegan eatery in Dallas. It's right near Whole Foods on Preston. There was only one other table occupied while we were there which I'm hoping is just because it's a new place because I want them to stay open. Really delicious food!! I had the lo-mein which came out with noodles, broccoli, carrot, celery, and avocado. I would never think to put avocado with lo-mein, but it made it all the more amazing. My 2 year old had the mac and cheese. He's not vegan (my fiance won't agree to it), but he couldn't tell the difference! I sampled it and could tell it was made with Daiya. Yum. My fiance had the BBQ wrap which came with a small side salad. Our waitress was really nice, I don't know what her name was. Before the meal she brought out some kind of rolls that had lettuce, carrot, and avocado and I think some peanut dipping sauce. They were sooo good. I believe she said they were free, but I'm not sure. Sorry, I've never written a review before, I'm not good at it. I just wanted to give this place a thumbs up so more people take the time to check it out.

Pros: Healthy/yummy food, Friendly staff, Clean

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Cafe Elite: