Large store stocking fresh organic produce, vitamins, grocery, deli with vegetarian options, and more. more-less

First Review by will-travel-for-food
HealthCoachAngie
HealthCoachAngie

New co-op expansion

3 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2013

The "new" Brattleboro Food Co-op offers some selection in dry goods, meat, fish, and supplements that the "old" co-op did not, but I have been disappointed with the selection in general. The most unfortunate switch has been the co-op deli: I have spent long years coming to the Co-op for a refreshing haven for vegetarian and gluten-free foods. Sadly, the "new" deli seems to be stuck in a repeating cycle of the same dishes over and over and over again. There are fewer and fewer gluten-free options in the prepared food options. Soups and hot dishes that I used to be excited to see are boring and uninventive.
The eat-in seating is much nicer in the new building. Some sections of the building feel airy and roomy and others maze-like and cramped.
I hope that the management and staff can pull it together and offer more variety in the deli like the "old" co-op.

Pros: natural foods grab & go
Cons: stagnant menu
Yoshi
Yoshi

A must-stop when in Brattleboro

5 Posted on 08 / 22 / 2011

My wife and I frequently pass through Brattleboro and we always make a pitstop at the Brattleboro Food Co-Op. They have a huge selection of bulk items (Bulk Miso!), and pretty much any Vegan/Veg product your heart desires. I've eaten from the prepared foods counter several times, and although it can be a bit on the pricey side, the food has always been very good. The store has a great 'vibe' to it, and I always enjoy being there. If you're in the area it's required shopping. One down-side, two days before my last visit (Aug '11) one of the store's employees shot and killed a store manager...I'll still go back!

Pros: Great selection, Great vibe, Great prepared food
Cons: A little pricey, Employee murdered store manager
brattchicky
brattchicky

Yay Co-op!

4 Posted on 02 / 25 / 2011

The Co-op is a bit on the expensive side, especially for pre-made foods, but to balance that out, they've got a lot of bulk products. I buy spices, flours, etc. there and then try to buy dry goods at Dotties, the associated discount store. Everyone's super-nice, very community feel about the place.

will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Great selection and fair prices

5 Posted on 04 / 07 / 2009

We found everything we were looking for here during our recent travels through Brattleboro: snacks, produce, health and beauty stuff, and even a wide selection of local beers. (Nothing like a night at the Motel 6 with nothing but chips, fruit, beer, and shampoo.) The adjacent discount/markdowns shop was great, too. If we lived in the area, this is probably where we'd do most of our shopping. We were pleasantly surprised at the variety of food, personal care items, and household items in stock.

Pros: wide variety, fair prices, wide local beer selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Brattleboro Food Co-op: