Large store stocking fresh organic produce, vitamins, grocery, deli with vegetarian options, and more. more-less
2 Main St
Brattleboro, Vermont 05301
802-257-0236
Now Open

Mon-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 9:00am-9:00pm

First Review by will-travel-for-food
MarilynC
MarilynC

Great place to shop or grab a bite

Posted on 01 / 17 / 2015

I've been shopping at the Brattleboro Food Co-op for years before finally moving here from NY. Great bulk section, and many vegan and gluten-free items. Produce department has a wide range of local and organic fruits and veggies. The deli also has a case of clearly labeled vegetarian and vegan choices. There is a salad bar and also hot soups and entrees - you have to check the ingredient lists, though, to see if they are vegan. You can also get juices and smoothies. Take-out or eat in the brookside cafe while browsing a newspaper or magazine.

Pros: wide selection, good food, helpful and friendly staff
HealthCoachAngie
HealthCoachAngie

New co-op expansion

Posted on 02 / 12 / 2013

The "new" Brattleboro Food Co-op offers some selection in dry goods, meat, fish, and supplements that the "old" co-op did not, but I have been disappointed with the selection in general. The most unfortunate switch has been the co-op deli: I have spent long years coming to the Co-op for a refreshing haven for vegetarian and gluten-free foods. Sadly, the "new" deli seems to be stuck in a repeating cycle of the same dishes over and over and over again. There are fewer and fewer gluten-free options in the prepared food options. Soups and hot dishes that I used to be excited to see are boring and uninventive.
The eat-in seating is much nicer in the new building. Some sections of the building feel airy and roomy and others maze-like and cramped.
I hope that the management and staff can pull it together and offer more variety in the deli like the "old" co-op.

Pros: natural foods grab & go
Cons: stagnant menu
Yoshi
Yoshi

A must-stop when in Brattleboro

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2011

My wife and I frequently pass through Brattleboro and we always make a pitstop at the Brattleboro Food Co-Op. They have a huge selection of bulk items (Bulk Miso!), and pretty much any Vegan/Veg product your heart desires. I've eaten from the prepared foods counter several times, and although it can be a bit on the pricey side, the food has always been very good. The store has a great 'vibe' to it, and I always enjoy being there. If you're in the area it's required shopping. One down-side, two days before my last visit (Aug '11) one of the store's employees shot and killed a store manager...I'll still go back!

Pros: Great selection, Great vibe, Great prepared food
Cons: A little pricey, Employee murdered store manager

brattchicky
brattchicky

Yay Co-op!

Posted on 02 / 25 / 2011

The Co-op is a bit on the expensive side, especially for pre-made foods, but to balance that out, they've got a lot of bulk products. I buy spices, flours, etc. there and then try to buy dry goods at Dotties, the associated discount store. Everyone's super-nice, very community feel about the place.

will-travel-for-food
will-travel-for-food

Great selection and fair prices

Posted on 04 / 07 / 2009

We found everything we were looking for here during our recent travels through Brattleboro: snacks, produce, health and beauty stuff, and even a wide selection of local beers. (Nothing like a night at the Motel 6 with nothing but chips, fruit, beer, and shampoo.) The adjacent discount/markdowns shop was great, too. If we lived in the area, this is probably where we'd do most of our shopping. We were pleasantly surprised at the variety of food, personal care items, and household items in stock.

Pros: wide variety, fair prices, wide local beer selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Brattleboro Food Co-op: