CLOSED: Bliss Raw Cafe and...

Full service vegan raw food restaurant in Dallas. Confirmed open June 2012. Reported closed/shut down to HappyCow. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, All Raw, American, Juice bar, Take-out
6005 Berkshire Lane (Park Lane)
Dallas, Texas 75225
214-368-8585

Open Mon-Sat 11am-9:30pm, Sun 11am-4pm.

First Review by akpresto
Herbielove
Herbielove

Raw vegan deliciousness.

5 Posted on 06 / 18 / 2012

Delicious raw organic vegan food.
Despite what the internet says, Bliss Cafe is still open as of 6/18/2012 They are located at 6005 Berkshire Lane Dallas, TX 75231 telephone: (214) 368-8585

Updated from previous review on Friday June 15, 2012

Pros: organic, delicious, heaven
bruble
bruble
  • raw

"Bliss" is the Perfect Name!

5 Posted on 06 / 05 / 2012

Bliss is my favorite place to eat and I travel almost an hour to get there. The food is all raw and absolutely delish! And it's great to know I'm eating so healthy. Every other Sunday they have a class on how to make something in their cafe and then you get a meal, FAB! Love it!

Cons: Friendly & Knowledgable Staff, Extremely healthy cuisine, Great Portions
ddeschenne
ddeschenne

Bliss is.....well, BLISS!

5 Posted on 01 / 31 / 2012

Small, elegantly and tastefully decorated, nice light and ambience, and the staff are friendly and incredibly helpful. The foods are gourmet raw dishes, so they are incredibly delicious. For raw food purists, there are some complex food combinations, but the taste makes it SO worth it. Be sure to get the Hemp Horchata - it is phenomenal at Bliss! This is, by far, my fav vegan restaurant in Dallas at this time.

Pros: delicious, raw, perfect dish, every time
Cons: parking can be tight, limited hours, so call ahead, organic, raw food is expensive

SusanV
SusanV

Still on the fence

3 Posted on 11 / 11 / 2011

The food at this restaurant is fantastic, hands down. The first time I went, I had the Greek pizza; the second time I had the Rawko Tacos and my (non-vegan) husband had the California pizza. I would order both again and my husband said he would, too.

That's the awesome. Now for the not so awesome.

The first time I went, I was told after I received my beverage that the credit card machine was broken and they were only taking cash and checks. Fine, no problem. A family came in and were told the same thing, and they commented that they had the same problem the last time they came. Fast forward to my next visit 2 months later where we were told the same thing. If you don't want to accept credit cards, just tell people you are a cash-only establishment; put it on your website and on your menu. Otherwise people are forced to walk down to the horrible Bank of America ATM. This has gone on too long, in my opinion, for it to be a broken credit card machine. It makes you look dishonest and it makes me feel icky.

The service is beyond ridiculous. As a niche restaurant, I would expect to be asked if I had been there before and if I had any questions about the menu. I don't like a waiter to hover or anything, but a check-in after the food is received would be nice, as well as a refill of my water without having to ask. During my last visit, there was a patron who came in to pick up a to-go meal. He was paying in cash. The waiter told him he had to go get change so he left the restaurant for about 15 minutes, during which time no one else ever even came out from the kitchen or anything. A couple came in and we told them we guessed they could sit anywhere they wanted and they would need cash. Both times there was maybe one other table besides mine and the hipster waiter was just way too cool to wait on a table in any kind of decent way.

It's a real shame. I can't say enough about how good the food is; it's the only thing that will make me go back. The other issues are what will make those visits far less frequent than they would have otherwise been.

Pros: Excellent food
Cons: Terrible service, Credit card machine perpetually broken
carolann
carolann

Bliss' food is very good

4 Posted on 10 / 18 / 2011

My daughter and I ate at Bliss yesterday around 2:00 p.m. It is a nice decor. We ordered a 'tuna' sandwich, linguinni, and a to-go pizza, pumpkin cheesecake, and a brownie. It was all very good. Our service was ok. We will definitely go back.

Pros: very good food
adambee
adambee

Slow motion veg

2 Posted on 02 / 19 / 2011

We will not be returning to this restaurant. The food was pretty good and fresh, but that's where the compliments stop. The service was atrocious. There were two other tables seated (one already with food) and far from busy. It took a good 10 minutes to get a glass of water after receiving the menus and probably 45 minutes to get a simple sandwich and an entree. After we finished eating, we sat again with no attention. Two staff members (one who might have been the owner) seemed oblivious to the needs of the customers.
This place seems a bit worse for the wear: water served in dingy wine glasses, burned out lightbulbs in the decorative fixtures overhanging the tables, and poorly maintained restroom. The location is far from perfect and the interior design seemed a tad cold and dated. I wish it was better, but we'll stick with our downtown and Oak Cliff establishments.

Pros: fresh food
Cons: location, price, service
lovintheveg
lovintheveg

Delicious wraps!

5 Posted on 10 / 15 / 2010

This is a small restaurant but it is oh so good. I'm an ovo-lacto vegetarian but do venture into vegan/raw when the opportunity arises. Bliss has a delicious Amigo Wrap with "crisp romaine with chili spiced beans, taco paté, guacamole, sprouts, red onion rings, pico de gallo, salsa verde, dash of cumin."

The wrap was about 13 bucks but it's worth it if I only eat raw occasionally. Just thinking about it now makes me wish I was back in Dallas eating one!

Pros: delicious wraps, outside dining
Cons: expensive
Elicia
Elicia

Visitor from out of town

5 Posted on 09 / 23 / 2010

I flew in to Dallas and went straight to Bliss for dinner. The owner is so lovely, they were happy to make me anything I wanted! It was so good I ate there every night that I was in Dallas and brought my colleagues. Everything I tried was delicious, their bread and elixirs are amazing. I live in NY and I must say that Bliss is the best raw place I have been to!

Pros: variety, friendly, delicious
Cons: None in NY!
rvasquez
rvasquez

Amazing!

5 Posted on 01 / 10 / 2010

Definitely the best raw food I've ever had! Everything tastes amazing and is incredibly flavorful. It is expensive, but it's totally worth it. It's certainly not a place I could afford to eat at more than once a month, but it's a nice treat. Desserts were pretty darn good too. I highly recommend the brownie; one of the best vegan brownies I've had in a long time. There's not a lot of space to eat; there were about 10 bar stools in the main part of the building in addition to the patio area, which was enclosed, but would still probably be too cold during the winter.

Pros: amazing raw food, amazing desserts
Cons: expensive, limited seating
eg0001
eg0001

BLISS RAWKS!!!

5 Posted on 06 / 13 / 2009

I absolutely love Bliss Raw Café & Elixir Bar! Everything is super fresh, innovative, and presentation is gorgeous! True, it's not cheap. But making raw gourmet vegan cuisine is an elaborate and expensive process--I think their prices are more than fair. The guys at Bliss are doing a great service to Dallas by offering raw delights that rival some of the most notable raw eateries in the country! I'll definitely be back there soon!

Rawbert
Rawbert
  • raw

Raw food

3 Posted on 06 / 02 / 2009

I visited Bliss Cafe when it first opened about a month ago, but haven't been back since. The location was strange and the place was small, but the staff was very friendly and the food was fantastic. It's the second attempt to have a thriving Raw restaurant in Dallas. I never had the opportunity to visit PURE which went out of business as quickly as it opened, but if it had anything to do with overpricing, Bliss is sure to follow. Overall, my experience was good, but it's not really in my budget. I've been raw for a year and without any raw restuarants in Dallas (up until now), I've learned to make many dishes myself, and will continue. It's a hell of a lot cheaper. As for Bliss Cafe, it's great that they're introducing Dallas to something new and healthy, but I don't think many serious raw-foodists will spend their money there. I can feed a whole room full of people for the same amount as one serving from Bliss. So this reviewer has mixed feelings. While I love the concept and the food, I can't get over the prices.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, clean
Cons: expensive, location, tiny building
akpresto
akpresto

Texas Surprise

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2009

I've been in texas for four days. Bliss is definitely the highlight of my trip. I should have called before stopping by, because they weren't open yet. But the follks here decided to feed us anyway. The food was awesome and I just got that rush of energy that comes after eating a well prepared raw meal. If you find yourself in Dallas, make this a priority stop.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, vegan
Cons: hours

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Bliss Raw Cafe and Elixir Bar: