CLOSED: Veggieland

Vegan and vegetarian food, plus vegan cakes. Reported closed to HappyCow May 2011 to relocate. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly
211 Pharr Rd (/in Buckhead)
Atlanta, Georgia 30305
404-231-3111

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Huntly
hippublican
hippublican

Mixed feelings

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2010

I wasn't blown away by Veggieland. We started off with fried vegetables, which were great. I ordered the Country steak, which was incredibly bland. It was basically crunchy tofu over a ton of rice with some moderately-flavored gravy on top. It was completely tasteless unless each bite was dripping in gravy. My husband got the taco salad, though, and he was very happy with his meal. We shared a Hummingbird cake for dessert, and that was great. The service was fast and friendly. Overall it definitely isn't a bad restaurant but with so many other options in Atlanta, this isn't somewhere I'll be in a hurry to visit again.

joyceh
joyceh

Great Desserts!

Posted on 04 / 05 / 2010

We visited Veggieland after reading the reviews on Happy Cow. Two of us are vegan, one vegetarian and one eats meat. We were all pleased with our food overall. We tried several different dishes, including dessert. The manager on duty was very friendly and so were the other customers. It made for a very fun evening, exchanging reviews of vegan/vegetarian restaurants with another guest and chatting with the staff. The kids were very pleased with the desserts, as were the adults. It was a very simple, basic atmosphere, but the friendliness of the staff and the other customers made it very nice.

Pros: friendly staff, desserts
djc4475
djc4475

Priced right and Great Service

Posted on 03 / 25 / 2009

All I can say is "awesome"! Service was top notch and the food was great! Priced much lower than I expected. For the price of going to an average chain restaurant that has 1 0r 2 vegetarian items on the menu, you can go here and experience an entirely veggie menu. Very accomodating to Vegans as well. They know all their ingredients and can substitute to make it vegan. I highly recommend Veggieland!!!!

Pros: Service, Menu, Price
Cons: NONE!

bengarland
bengarland

Simple and Delicious

Posted on 07 / 21 / 2008

I only went here once a few years ago, and I always intend to go here again whenever I'm in Atlanta. Still haven't gone back, unfortunately, but my first experience was great. I got a tofu sandwich and sweet potato fries. The atmosphere was pleasant, the service good, and the food arrived in a timely manner. I couldn't believe the quality of the ingredients and the amount of food for such a cheap price. Veggieland is a great value and the owners and servers are very friendly! I can't wait to go back.

Pros: delicious food, great value, nice people
Cons: none
tybress
tybress

Sooo Good!

Posted on 07 / 14 / 2008

My husband and I have been pleased with Veggieland every time we have eaten there. The "Evening Gourmet" and "Jenni's Rolls" are two of our favorites, especially with a side of the sweet potato fries! The staff is extremely friendly and the prices are some of the best around. We will definitely miss Veggieland when we have to move next year!

Pros: friendly people, good prices, large menu
Cons: 25 minutes away :-(, closed on Sundays
gitanadelaluna
gitanadelaluna

OK - not the best

Posted on 03 / 14 / 2008

My non Veg bf and I went there after reading great reviews. Food was OK. He ordered peppersteak which he ate! to my surprise and was not bad. I order country chicken which was overly lemony crusted tofu. The lemondade had honey in it which was not stated and would have freaked out most vegans. Also we had to ask 3 times for our sweet potato fries - which finally came after our meal ( instead of before which is how we ordered it.) We did not try any cakes. I would try it out one more time - but there are so many great places to eat instead!

Kabash
Kabash

Perfect Little Place

Posted on 03 / 08 / 2008

Veggie Land! Agh! What can I say about this wonderful little place? It is, in fact, the best vegetarian restaurant I have ever eaten. The staff is absolutely wonderful. Every business should have people so welcoming and helpful. The food is consistently tasty. Many creative dishes from which to choose. It's a small place with simple table and chairs and it's fine with me. The price is right!

Pros: Staff, Food, Location
emeraldeyes180
emeraldeyes180

Not Impressed

Posted on 01 / 22 / 2008

Decided to visit Veggieland after reading the reviews on this site. My boyfriend and I tried the Tacos, Quesadilla and Chilli. Overall very bland food. The Chilli was luke warm and flavorless with an excess of meat substitute chunks. :(

The entire time all we could talk about was that we should have stayed home and cooked dinner ourselves :( Not a pleasant topic for dinner. We barely ate our food, paid the check and went home to binge on soy crisps.

I'll opt for another place when looking for a special evening out in the future.

Pros: decent menu selection, friendly staff
Cons: bland food, poorly executed dishes
441dave
441dave

We love Happy

Posted on 12 / 30 / 2006

This place is great. Inexpensive, quality food, great service, and dog friendly (on the patio). We especially love the country fried "steak" dinner and vegan desserts, but everything on the menu is really excellent. We go as often as we can.

Huntly
Huntly

Great and getting better

Posted on 12 / 22 / 2006

Have been eating there for years and love it. Easily the best all around vegetarian place in ATL. If you don't see what you like on the menu just make something up and they will handle it. The waitress ("Happy" - yes, that's her name) recently bought the place and is changing/upgrading everything. Upgraded menu with still great prices, new decor, new bathrooms, updated kitchen, etc. If this reads like I am a fan then you guessed right! She is making great changes and surely putting Veggieland on the Atlanta casual restaraunt lists, not just vegetarian lists.... keep it up!!! ...and thank you..

Pros: Atmosphere and service, great food, prices
Cons: Only 1 location, parking sometimes tight

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Veggieland: