CLOSED: Vegetarian Time...

AKA Sushidai Vegetarian Restaurant. Small restaurant. No eggs, no alcohol. Chinese name: 素势代素食餐厅. 朝阳区潘家园松榆北路5号楼首层. Reported shut down in 2011. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Chinese
Floor 1, Building No. 5, North Songyu Road (50m East of Panjiayuan Qiao, Chaoyang District)
Beijing , China
86-010-67312168

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by magicjared
magicjared
magicjared

Good stuff

Posted on 02 / 27 / 2010

I came in here after a day shopping at the Panjiayuan market. Its just a short walk from there and on the way to the subway. the staff was friendly and my waitress had a basic understanding of english and recommended a few things. She stood by my table while I went through the menu which drove me nuts, but this is something I have noticed with a lot of places in china. The menu has big pictures to choose from, and an english translation that was just as hard to understand as the chinese characters. I actually had to ask the waitress what "meat" was in dishes, which is a bad sign. I got some beefy thing with bell peppers, fermented soy beans and bamboo shoots, it was very tasty and well made. It cost 34rmb for this with rice, which is about 5 dollars. A bit more than some other places in the area that I've been to, but I thought it was worth it. There is also a small market in the entry way that sold vegetarian items, some it seems were made in the restaurant and packaged, it was all very cheap, but the waitress saw me looking and came and stood next to me while I was browsing, which bugged me, so I left without getting anything. All in all I would recommend this place, especially after a day of antique shopping at the dirt market.

Pros: great food, veggy market in store, English friendly
Cons: overly helpful staff, prices a little high, poorly translated menus

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Vegetarian Time Loving Heart: