Asian vegetarian cooking made without onion or garlic free. May 2013 report this place is now run by the people who own Pure Vegetarian. The previous menu of specialties is still on the wall. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, Taiwanese, Vietnamese, Buffet, Take-out

First Review by sighmon
Susan bush tucker
Susan bush tucker

Made me sick

2 Posted on 10 / 23 / 2013

I was the only person in our group of 3 that was sick after eating at this restaurant. I am fairly sure it wasn't completely my sensitivity to chemicals that caused a huge reaction to eating their Laksa. The noodles were bright yellow. The Laksa was super salty. I had severe leg pain for 12 hours, 5 hours after eating their food. The person who recommended this restaurant has serious vascular disease. I still have leg pain 5 days later. I also had a 20cm diameter rash on my leg that was 1mm thick. The rash appeared after 1.5 days.

Pros: Friendly staff
Aloo
Aloo

So many options, in the heart of Adelaide!

4 Posted on 08 / 30 / 2013

As a visitor to Adelaide I was excited to see so many cafe options for veg*ns centrally located. This one is not far from Rundle Street.

I had a delightful meal at Vegetarian Garden, service was friendly and fast and it was cheap. I wish I had read all the reviews asI love a good laksa and I would have ordered that. But I was limited for time so I took a sample from the prepared display.
If you don't mind eating in a food court, and you can find the arcade, this is a pretty good option for lunch & very filling.

Pros: Inexpensive, Some prepared foods - so quick, Freshly made to order available
Cons: In a food court
castadrift
castadrift

Great laksa!

5 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2012

Had the laksa for $7.80. Huge bowl and very tasty. Lots of different types of tofu in it.

Pros: Good value, excellent food, large portions
Cons: No parking
Lulu93
Lulu93

One of the best vegetarian lunches in Adelaide

5 Posted on 04 / 08 / 2012

I go to uni right near this shop and find myself there almost every week. I always leave full. The dishes are all under about $10. My favourites are the tom yam rice and the laksa.

Pros: large serves, friendly, good value
Cons: closes early
tantan
tantan

I'm now a regular

4 Posted on 08 / 25 / 2011

This place is located inside a food court right near my uni, so I was happy to come across it on my way to class one day. There is a choice between ordering something from the menu (average price between $7.50 and $9) or you can order a combination of the already-made foods (about $7.50 for two choices plus noodles or rice). I always end up ordering the Malaysian Hainanese Rice off the menu because it's so damn good. My boyfriend gets the Fried Kuay Teow noodles which is good for me as that's my second favourite thing on the menu. The service is always friendly, and the counter area and surrounding tables are kept clean. Compared to what other vegetarian/vegan places around Adelaide charge for meals, this place is a steal.

Pros: good value, good food, convenient location
Cons: none, none, none

Jasmin Aplin
Jasmin Aplin

LAKSA!

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2011

I have been to vegetarian garden 3-4 times. The first time to try this Laksa I had heard so much about and it was everything I had hoped for! Every time I go back I plan to try something different but CANNOT get past the laksa!

It is very affordable, and offers quick service with a smile. The only downside is getting a park nearby when driving, but it's worth a bit of a walk!

Oh and they also sell bubble tea :-)

Pros: cheap, most if not all vegan, delicious
MaitreyaBelmore
MaitreyaBelmore

Fabulous Malaysian Laksa

4 Posted on 05 / 08 / 2010

My last day in Adelaide when I tried their Malaysian Laksa and my God ...... it was just divine! The curry was well balanced (not too thick or too runny). It was how a Malaysian Laksa meant to be. Inside, the hokkien noodles was al-dente, and the tofu, mock meat, and the vegetables are cooked to perfection. It was a good but also sad day for me, since I have to leave Adelaide that afternoon. Otherwise I could have come back for more.

The owner was lovely, she helped me to find other vegetarian restaurant which opens dinner time. I have also tried their Malaysian Mee Goreng and hainanese chicken rice on another day, but was not too keen on them. Maybe just my taste, I am used to Indonesian mee goreng which is sweet and spicy. However their mee goreng was too sweet and sour, it feels like eating long strings of lollies! The hainanese chicken rice was also too greasy.

But definitely try the Malaysian Laksa ......... you'll know what I am talking about! At only $7.50, it is a fantastic value!

Pros: Great value, amazing laksa, good & quick service
Cons: greasy hainanese chicken rice, hidden location
bethmc
bethmc

great!

3 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2010

I have not been here for a while, but when I used to go often, the lady always serving always remembered us and she was very friendly. It's quiet there, especially during the day, which is nice. The Laksa is amazing, and the Hainan Style Rice and BBQ Hainan Style Rice and also really delicious. It's close to rundle mall, so it is in a good location. Good place to go for dinner while shopping on a Friday night.

Although, this has nothing to do with the restaurant itself but, the mall which it and it's seating is located can be quite filthy, I used to see rats running around in the foodcourt where the seating is (not the shop itself), which was a bit off-putting.

Pros: friendly staff, quiet location, yummy food
Cons: mall which it is located is dirty
Quamox
Quamox

Great place!

4 Posted on 12 / 22 / 2009

Great place for lunch in the city. Everything that I've had there has been great. My favourite is the salad noodles from the menu.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap, Healthy
Cons: Short open hours
sighmon
sighmon

Amazing curry laksa

5 Posted on 03 / 26 / 2009

Every time I have lunch here I leave with a smile. Friendly staff, amazing Curry Laksa not to be missed.. and their deep fried bean curd with peanut sauce is definitely worth trying.

Pros: healthy, delicious, friendly
Cons: limited hours
Guest
Guest

5 Posted on 04 / 15 / 2007

one of my staple places for a vegan fix.....the owners are lovely people and make delicious food.....everyone goes on about the combination and how good it is, but in all honesty the menu items are alot nicer- the laksa is one of the best in the country, the hokkein mee is divine, the singapore noodles are delicious and the hainenese style rice is a great protein booster.....great service, great atmosphere, great prices....also the crispy vegie entree is awesome! they just need to get a better selection of drinks- coca cola in a veg restraunt never seems right

Pros: food, service
Cons: opening hours

Dear Owner and Manager of Vegetarian Garden: