Vegetarian delivery service turned restaurant in Mar 2014; took over the location of the former Govinda-Buda. Offers a different menu every day which includes a soup, Indian foods, low carb food, sandwiches, juices, and cakes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Western, Indian
Lukács 1
Budapest, Hungary

First Review by Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher
Ryecatcher

Good choice in Buda

Posted on 10 / 23 / 2014

They offer a daily changing menu consisting of a soup a main dish and a side dish. There were two different soups to choose from, three main dishes and two side dishes at the time I was there. Although an English description wasn't available, the friendly staff member explained all the options knowledgeably. Sadly the food was only lukewarm and even more sadly I was given all the dishes at once instead of one at a time so the other one wouldn't cool down even more. But I might have asked to do it that way, so I wouldn't call it their fault. But on the other hand I could split the main portion in order to try two of the three different ones, what was very nice.
Besides bottled beverages there were fresh lemonade and fresh rosewater.
Food was very good, appetizing, flavorful and perfect texture, except the deep-fried broccoli (side dish) which was only a bit odd. The soup was quite peppered, which I liked, but probably not everyone would.
The premise itself was friendly and light (although located it the souterrain).
All in all I highly recommend VegaLife!

Pros: good value, attentive staff
Cons: food lukewarm

Dear Owner and Manager of VegaLife Buda: