Offers many vegan choices like falafel sandwiches, salads, potato wedges, mezze, a daily soup and a vegan dessert. Uses separate utensils for vegan dishes. Confirmed open, Aug 2015. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Fast food, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Lebanese
13 Dame St (Palace St and South Great George's St)
Dublin, Ireland Dublin 2

arohskothen
arohskothen

Highly recommend!!!

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2016

We got here late so we weren't able to eat in so we took it to go but all of the falafel wraps are amazing! I also recommend the chips they have an amazing seasoning salt on them & this place is pretty cheap, filling, and fast!!

Lauralei
Lauralei

Really, really good!

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2015

We stopped for a quick dinner at Umi while visiting Dublin and we were very glad we did. The Palestinian falafel is not to be missed. I'm from NYC where there are a million falafel places. I've eaten a LOT of falafel in my life and I thought Umi's Palestinian was some of the best I've ever had! The Baba Ganoush was fantastic as well. The staff was friendly and knowledgable about what is vegan and what is not. Everything was fresh and delicious and we left very satisfied.

Pros: Quick, Delicious, Lots of vegan options
ho2problemi
ho2problemi

Best Falafel in dublin

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2015

Hands down the best falafel in Dublin. The Palestinian is great, I also enjoy the lentil soup as well. Hummus is very tasty. Potato Hara are basically wedges with a twist. Relaxed atmosphere with extremely nice staff.

HeyJudeOregon
HeyJudeOregon

Classic Middle Eastern Fare

Posted on 10 / 27 / 2015

Another surprise in Dublin where the staff were very knowledgeable about vegan food. Many choices, large portions. Great soups. Small place so lunch time is crowded as far as seating.

Pros: Easy to eat vegan, Large Selection, Knowledgeable staff
Cons: Lots of backless low stools
Emsee
Emsee

opens at noon

Posted on 10 / 01 / 2015

Looks fantastic, but doesn't open until noon

selator
selator

Best falafel in Dublin

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2015

I've tried several of their falafel and hummus wraps and one of their soups (which was vegan), all of them were really good.

Sometimes you have to wait to get a seat, but you can also get your food to take away, so it's not a big problem.

The location is great for tourists, people going out in the center or changing buses on Dame street.

Pros: good quality, friendly staff
Cons: limited menu, small portions, sometimes too busy
gstanescu
gstanescu

Umi Falafel

Posted on 08 / 21 / 2015

Well I travelled along with my Vegetarian meetup group. We had been here in the past. I enjoyed my time. Food was exquisite. heheehe. The waiter knew his stuff and his dishes dietary. I was most impressed. He knew what was vegan and wasn't. Although the majority of the dishes on offer is Vegan, some are vegetarian. So I just wanted to make sure. Considering the place was bouncing, he was speculator. Ever since Delhi O' Delhi(Review here), closed down(RIP), I have been naming Umi Falafel as my FAV vegan/vegetarian restaurant. Umi is Arabic for "Mother".

Following is what I had

The Lebanese Falafel
Batata Hara/Wedges
Lentil Soup
Basbousa

The Lentil Soup, mmmmmmmm was heaven. Totally enjoyed it. Creamey(VEGAN) creamey soup.
I had asked the waiter what was the soup of the day and he reploied Brocoli Soup of which was I wasn't the best of. SO I chose a nicer soup of which I was glad. hahahah

The Lebanese Falafel was filled in a wrap style or as they call it a Falafel. Filled with styuffiny type, Tomato, Cucumber, pickles, parsely and tahini sauce. It was scrumptious. IT would be suitable as a lunch. It was heaven. mmmmm.

I asked for a side order of Wedges or in Arabic BAtata Hara. They were a bit dry, spicyness was "Just Right". Not too hot, and not too bland(opposite of spicy), it was JUST RIGHT.

I asked for a dessert menu. I quickly looked and chose Basbousa

Pros: Presentation of Food fantastic, Veganism Very knwoeldgabel, Great for groups
Necia11
Necia11

Great falafel in good location

Posted on 03 / 29 / 2015

We popped into Umi Falafel on a rainy afternoon to find it super busy, we waited for 15 minutes for a table and very glad we did. The falafels were some of the best I've tasted and the quinoa salad was delicious. The sauces were a little bland but the falafel made up for it! Would be a great take away spot for a quick bit whilst walking around on a clear day. Good prices and central location also big ticks! Check it out for a good fresh lunch

Pros: Falafels are fantastic, Atmosphere , Location
JonJon
JonJon

Convenient location and good falafel

Posted on 11 / 30 / 2014

I've tried this restaurant twice with sandwiches to take away: the Lebanese falafel and the Palestinian falafel. The Palestinian was really good, in a pita bread with a chili sauce very tasty. The Lebanese one was a little bit dry in comparison since they do not put hummus in there. However, the falafel are really good and prices are fair (5 euros for a sandwich to take away). The staff is really friendly, the food is quickly served and the place is very central and convenient for a quick bite. However, if I had to choose between Umi or Falafel Lounge and Veg Bar just in the other side of the street, I would have chosen the latter since I've found its sandwiches a bit more tasty.

Pros: good food, vegan choices, central location, friendly staff, affordable
Cons: no vegan dessert, non-vegan items not clearly marked
vegamite
vegamite

Great food, great price, great atmosphere

Posted on 10 / 26 / 2014

Had very good falafel and wedges here. They do takeaway but the seating area is really pleasant - not like a typical takeaway or diner. Great place for either a quick, cheap bite but equally good if you're not in a complete hurry but still on a budget.

Pros: Cheap, Tasty, Comfortable atmosphere
christopherjboyce
christopherjboyce

A fine place for a falafel

Posted on 10 / 08 / 2014

Maybe one of the finest falafels I've eaten accompanied by a super tasty fresh juice. Very quick service and a nice atmosphere to eat in too. Very pleased I stopped here.

Pros: Superb falafel
food lover
food lover

Best of the Best for Vegan Dining in Dublin

Posted on 06 / 01 / 2014

We were at the Dublin Convention Centre recently for a conference, and due to minimal vegetarian options around that area, we headed into Dublin city centre (about 20min via tram + short walk).

We were so impressed with the quality of food at Umi Falafel, ample portion sizes, the cleanliness of restaurant, and friendliness of staff, we ate there everyday for 5 days, and also had take-aways for the next morning's breakfast!

Highly recommend the Palestinian Falafel, Lentil Soup, Hummus sandwich, and any of their mixed juices (esp zingy booster and jazar surprise).

They are open from 12.00pm to 10.00pm - see Umi's website for exact location.

Pros: Quality of food excellent, portion sizes very generous, clean restaurant + friendly staff
Cons: Opens lunch-time onward only
Sharpey09
Sharpey09

Great Place

Posted on 05 / 27 / 2014

Excellent vegan food in the heart of Dublin. The falafel and hummus are fantastic quality and the salads are fresh and tasty. Excellent value delivered by friendly staff in a clean environment - you can't really ask for more!

Pros: Food is excellent, Location, Low cost - High Value
Claremveg
Claremveg

Great place!

Posted on 05 / 13 / 2014

I love this place. It has possibly the best Hummus I have ever tasted. The Baba Ganoush is delicious. The falafels are always perfect and the salads are so fresh full of flavour. The prices are very reasonable for Dublin cirty centre.
I go all the time and the staff are always freindly and helpful.
Most of their food is suitable for Vegans- bar a few things with cheese. Therefore providing more variety than that of other places who usually only have a few vegan options with mainly Vegetarian.
A must visit!

Pros: All the food , Staff very freindly , Reaxed Atmosphere
SG213
SG213

Tasty

Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

I tried the Palestinian falafel in pitta bread and the Lebanese falafel wrap. Both were very tasty and the sauces were especially nice. However I felt that the pitta version finished too quickly (maybe I was just hungry!).

Also tried the potato wedges - quite nice, although could have been a bit crispier. The presentation of the food was above average.

All in all, a good place with tasty food, reasonable prices (for the mains at least) and good location.

I did feel however that the setup with the wait staff showing you to a table seemed a little awkward for a place primarily serving wraps and pittas, however it wouldn't stop me going back. You can also get lunch deals which seem like good value, but it would be better if they added some permanent meal-deals that were valid all day.

Pros: Deliciousness, Good location
Cons: Limited main dishes apart from falafel, Prices can add up for the sides
AnaVegan
AnaVegan

Very impressed!

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

LOVE the palestinisn falafel wrap and have had it a few times now. Well priced and nice range and staff.

Pros: Location, Food, Price
Cons: none
konlish
konlish

Feedback

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2013

Love there Palestinian wrap with lebanese bread. Their price is reasonable and they have friendly staff. If your a regular like me they remember that I like hot water with a slice of lemon. They have a lot of vegan options. They used to have katayef as the only vegan dessert, but they took it off the menu, I hope they will add a vegan option. Also it would be nice to have non dairy milk option available for the hot drinks.

Pros: Friendly staff, Vegan options
Cons: Poor lighting
jamesdeburca
jamesdeburca

Authentic and very good value...

Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

Umi Falafel has only been opened a few weeks and still I have eaten there five times! It is on Dame Street but is a little difficult to see as it is slightly obscured by a busy bus stop. Umi has table service although the prices are similar to other takeaway cafes in the area, but the food is of much better quality to your average falafel joint. The baba ganoush is surely the best I have ever tasted and has a lovely and authentic smokey flavour. The salads are almost all vegan and very fresh tasting. The falafel sandwich's come in either a pita pocket or wrap and I think the pocket is easily the best. It can include some zingy homemade pickles, fried aubergine, proper hummus, and lots more fresh veggies and herbs. The menu also includes juices, coffee, tea and desserts, none of which I have yet to try. I'm sure I will be back to sample the rest of their menu really soon. This is a great little restaurant and a fine addition to eating out in Dublin so I hope that Umi is here to stay.

Pros: very vegan friendly, nice athmosphere, extremely good value
Cons: hidden behind a bus stop

Dear Owner and Manager of Umi Falafel: