Offers many vegan choices like falafel sandwiches, salads, potato wedges, mezze, a daily soup and a vegan dessert. Uses separate utensils for vegan dishes. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lebanese, Middle Eastern, Fast food, Take-out

food lover
food lover

Best of the Best for Vegan Dining in Dublin

5 Posted on 06 / 01 / 2014

We were at the Dublin Convention Centre recently for a conference, and due to minimal vegetarian options around that area, we headed into Dublin city centre (about 20min via tram + short walk).

We were so impressed with the quality of food at Umi Falafel, ample portion sizes, the cleanliness of restaurant, and friendliness of staff, we ate there everyday for 5 days, and also had take-aways for the next morning's breakfast!

Highly recommend the Palestinian Falafel, Lentil Soup, Hummus sandwich, and any of their mixed juices (esp zingy booster and jazar surprise).

They are open from 12.00pm to 10.00pm - see Umi's website for exact location.

Pros: Quality of food excellent, portion sizes very generous, clean restaurant + friendly staff
Cons: Opens lunch-time onward only
Sharpey09
Sharpey09

Great Place

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2014

Excellent vegan food in the heart of Dublin. The falafel and hummus are fantastic quality and the salads are fresh and tasty. Excellent value delivered by friendly staff in a clean environment - you can't really ask for more!

Pros: Food is excellent, Location, Low cost - High Value
Claremveg
Claremveg

Great place!

5 Posted on 05 / 13 / 2014

I love this place. It has possibly the best Hummus I have ever tasted. The Baba Ganoush is delicious. The falafels are always perfect and the salads are so fresh full of flavour. The prices are very reasonable for Dublin cirty centre.
I go all the time and the staff are always freindly and helpful.
Most of their food is suitable for Vegans- bar a few things with cheese. Therefore providing more variety than that of other places who usually only have a few vegan options with mainly Vegetarian.
A must visit!

Pros: All the food , Staff very freindly , Reaxed Atmosphere

SG213
SG213

Tasty

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2014

I tried the Palestinian falafel in pitta bread and the Lebanese falafel wrap. Both were very tasty and the sauces were especially nice. However I felt that the pitta version finished too quickly (maybe I was just hungry!).

Also tried the potato wedges - quite nice, although could have been a bit crispier. The presentation of the food was above average.

All in all, a good place with tasty food, reasonable prices (for the mains at least) and good location.

I did feel however that the setup with the wait staff showing you to a table seemed a little awkward for a place primarily serving wraps and pittas, however it wouldn't stop me going back. You can also get lunch deals which seem like good value, but it would be better if they added some permanent meal-deals that were valid all day.

Pros: Deliciousness, Good location
Cons: Limited main dishes apart from falafel, Prices can add up for the sides
AnaVegan
AnaVegan

Very impressed!

5 Posted on 01 / 25 / 2014

LOVE the palestinisn falafel wrap and have had it a few times now. Well priced and nice range and staff.

Pros: Location, Food, Price
Cons: none
konlish
konlish

Feedback

4 Posted on 12 / 20 / 2013

Love there Palestinian wrap with lebanese bread. Their price is reasonable and they have friendly staff. If your a regular like me they remember that I like hot water with a slice of lemon. They have a lot of vegan options. They used to have katayef as the only vegan dessert, but they took it off the menu, I hope they will add a vegan option. Also it would be nice to have non dairy milk option available for the hot drinks.

Pros: Friendly staff, Vegan options
Cons: Poor lighting
jamesdeburca
jamesdeburca

Authentic and very good value...

5 Posted on 10 / 22 / 2013

Umi Falafel has only been opened a few weeks and still I have eaten there five times! It is on Dame Street but is a little difficult to see as it is slightly obscured by a busy bus stop. Umi has table service although the prices are similar to other takeaway cafes in the area, but the food is of much better quality to your average falafel joint. The baba ganoush is surely the best I have ever tasted and has a lovely and authentic smokey flavour. The salads are almost all vegan and very fresh tasting. The falafel sandwich's come in either a pita pocket or wrap and I think the pocket is easily the best. It can include some zingy homemade pickles, fried aubergine, proper hummus, and lots more fresh veggies and herbs. The menu also includes juices, coffee, tea and desserts, none of which I have yet to try. I'm sure I will be back to sample the rest of their menu really soon. This is a great little restaurant and a fine addition to eating out in Dublin so I hope that Umi is here to stay.

Pros: very vegan friendly, nice athmosphere, extremely good value
Cons: hidden behind a bus stop

Dear Owner and Manager of Umi Falafel: