The Wildflower Cafe and...

Serves meat, veg options available. Menu is meat based but does include a few vegetarian items: veggie penne, lasagna, portobello mushroom burger, vegan black bean burger, plus some salads. Lots of beer. Price: Moderate more-less
Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by bill
jcberger
jcberger

Decent veggie burger, great sweet potato fries

2 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2013

I agree with the other reviews- the veggie burger was somewhat bland on its own; however, I asked to add avocado and roasted red peppers which made it more flavorful. The beer was okay, not great, but the sweet potato fries were delicious.

Friendly wait staff, decent prices. Wouldn't go back, though.

Pros: friendly staff, sweet potato fries
Cons: bland veggie burger, limited vegan options
nelliejean
nelliejean

FYI- no longer has vegan ribs

3 Posted on 10 / 19 / 2012

The ribs were what made this place awesome. Still has burgers. Ok but not impressive.

Pros: some veg
Cons: no ribs
karmandrew
karmandrew

not good

2 Posted on 07 / 21 / 2012

Went here since it was on the recommended list from the farm sanctuary and was not very happy. The waiting staff was very helpful and courteous, the only vegan item now on the menu is the burger, we had a party of three including a child so we were hoping to have three different meals and share, however, nothing on the kids menu was vegan, not even the spaghetti marinara (really?) so my husband and son both had to get the burger and they said it was bland at best. I had the penne, which was made vegan upon request--awful. I hate to say that but it was over cooked pasta and veggies in water(?) no salt no flavor nothing. The drinks were nice, though.

Pros: friendly staff, good drinks, good atmosphere
Cons: food was bland some was too bland to eat, expensive, next to no choice

rainman
rainman

okay, not great

3 Posted on 07 / 13 / 2011

I wanted to get the meatless bbq ribs, but they were out of them. Someone at another table commented that he doesn't believe they actually ever have them since he's tried to order them several times. So I ordered the corn and red pepper cakes. They were ok but way overpriced ($16). My wife got the eggplant panini--again, just OK.

On the plus side, the beer that they brew on site is very good. And the waitress was very nice and attentive.

Pros: Good beer, nice waitstaff
Cons: food not that great
pinkbubble
pinkbubble

hit or miss

2 Posted on 06 / 04 / 2011

We stopped here on a long road trip, and the first time was awesome. Great friendly service and perfect food. They were out of a lot (including the ribs which was what we were most looking forward too :-( ), but the waitress was friendly and gave great suggestions to what else we might like. We liked it so much we stopped in on the way back. It couldn't have been more different. Coffee was cold and dish was not even edible. The first time dish had wonderful huge veggies and flaverful light sauce, second time there was just noodles with just a few slivers of onions seemingly dumped in soy sauce. We couldn't even find the waitress for the first 15 minutes (maybe more) of the meal, so the folks we were eating with finished their dish before we could even bring up the problem. I was so dissapointed! Not sure I would be willing to risk it again at the prices.

If you are watching your budget keep in mind drinks and sides can be quite costly and can easily add up as their prices aren't on the menue.

Pros: can have great food, great atmosphere, some friendly staff
Cons: inconsistent, pricey drinks and sides, out of items
Kind Cindy
Kind Cindy

Great Pub Fare

3 Posted on 08 / 17 / 2010

My husband and I took a long week-end in the area to stay at a B&B and see the sights. We saw some good reviews on the Crooked Rooster Pub and chose to eat there for dinner.

The pub is really adorable on the main drag of Watkins Glen. The service was very friendly and helpful. I asked the waitress to double check with the cook about something and she was very polite and accomodating. The Vegetarian part of the menu had several choices and all looked very good. We chose the "rib" sandwich and it was delish! Also, I can't say enough about how tasty the beer was! Really a great spot to stop and have a vegetarian pub experience!

I would go back.

Pros: Friendly, Variety
bill
bill

Vegan Ribs

4 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2010

A pub with very good (made on the premises) beer that also happens to serve a limited amount of vegan food. Due to the proximity of Farm Sanctuary, the menu includes vegan ribs and veggie burgers.

Dear Owner and Manager of The Wildflower Cafe and Crooked Rooster Brewpub: