Serves meat, veg options available. Ask for the vegetarian menu. Price: Moderate more-less
Chinese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by MrsMaggie
jcberger
jcberger

Excellent eggplant in garlic sauce!

3 Posted on 05 / 25 / 2013

My boyfriend and I went here for dinner while staying at Farm Sanctuary. I went in with low expectations but was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the eggplant in garlic sauce- it was delicious, and included many different types of well-cooked vegetables in addition to the eggplant. I appreciated that they had a vegetarian menu and the waitress even asked if we were vegan.

Pros: great eggplant in garlic sauce, accommodating staff, inexpensive
Cons: odd atmosphere, narrow selection
Meowmeow
Meowmeow

Nothing special

2 Posted on 08 / 09 / 2012

Staff were a bit rude, didn't enjoy answering our questions about veg options, oyster sauce, etc. The place was a bit run down and the food wasn't anything special. I would suggest trying other places in the Watkins Glen area before considering House of Hong.

Pros: Short drive from Farm Sanctuary, Veg options
Cons: Food isn't great, Service was not friendly
elles_belles
elles_belles

Hits the spot

3 Posted on 12 / 25 / 2011

Typical Chinese restaurant. I like the sweet and sour tofu. Their sushi is another common choice of mine.

bill
bill

Wish there were more vegan options

3 Posted on 08 / 02 / 2010

Thankfully, there is a vegetarian menu, but this is a primarily non-vegetarian restaurant. We loved the sweet and sour tofu and the garlic broccoli!

MrsMaggie
MrsMaggie

not bad

3 Posted on 07 / 03 / 2008

Typical chinese restaurant with a veg*n menu to make picking it out easier.

Pros: easy food, not expensive
Cons: not much selection

Dear Owner and Manager of House of Hong: