Mt. Pleasant organic cafe and juice bar. Offers salads, sweets, cashew cheese, flax seed crackers, wheat grass shots, daily specials. Beverages range from fresh juices and smoothies to espresso, cold pressed coffee and wine. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, All Raw, American, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by hoffmans2
MtTopNana
MtTopNana

Please open a place in Winston-Salem, NC

5 Posted on 08 / 23 / 2013

I was so happy to find an all VEGAN place to eat. They offer both raw and cooked and have fresh juices and smoothies. There were 4 of us and we all had different juices, smoothies, and food. The chili was great too.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent VEGAN food
mariaiswaycool
mariaiswaycool

Expensive!!!!!!!

2 Posted on 09 / 13 / 2012

For a cafe next to a gym, this place was extremely expensive. The food was alright, I had a vegan grilled cheese with lentil soup and a strawberry smoothie. The grilled cheese and smoothie were great, the lentil soup was not. The sandwich came on a wonderful wheat bread and had a salad on the side. The smoothie was fresh and just sweet enough. However, the soup had no flavor, I couldn't even finish it, which was disappointing for the price.

I also had an encounter that had nothing to do with the food, but more with the people working there. A woman came in with her daughter complaining that her child was being punished for disrespecting a teacher. I would have ignored her negative tirade, if I hadn't been the only person in the restaurant. The girl at the counter kept the conversation going, and it made me very uncomfortable. Eventually I got rid of the lentil soup and left. The whole conversation soured my opinion of the restaurant.

Overall, there are better places to get vegan food in the area for a much cheaper price. Don't waste your time unless you have a lot of money to blow.

Pros: Great Smoothies, Healthy, I guess
Cons: EXPENSIVE, Bad Atmosphere, Did I mention expensive?
Andrewrgibbs
Andrewrgibbs

Functional looking but don't let that put you off

4 Posted on 06 / 15 / 2012

The setting is a very functional cafe below/next to a fitness centre, so it's not exactly picturesque. However, the food is good, cooked well, and there's a great range of smoothies.

There's highchairs for little ones, and the staff are super friendly. Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

Pros: Good value, Friendly
Cons: Functional exterior

radiovegan
radiovegan

YUM!!!

5 Posted on 10 / 31 / 2011

My husband and I had wonderful meals here while visiting Charleston. I had a big salad with a walnut burger in it. I couldn't decide between dressings so she gave me 2 to try - both were delicious. My husband got the Pad Thai - it was super yummy. (Perhaps the best raw Pad Thai I've tasted.) He also got a pumpkin smoothie, which was delicious, too. I wish I lived hear The Sprout because it would definitely be a go-to restaurant.

Pros: Delicious, Nutritious
Cons: Next to a gym
foosgoddess
foosgoddess

Great food and friendly staff!

5 Posted on 06 / 14 / 2011

I just had lunch there today 6-14-11 and it was great. The guy working was really helpful and very friendly. I would definitely suggest that you stop by if you are in the area.

Pros: Excellent food, Healthy, friendly staff
Cons: Not alot of food choices
simplelife
simplelife

AMAZING!!

5 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2010

Right when I walked in the door of The Sprout I felt so welcome and relaxed...and it smelled like yummy fresh juice. They have so many juice options. My favorite is the Green Monkey which has fresh apple, cucumber, kale and lemon juice and it is blended with banana and pineapple. SO YUMMY! And Mickey, the owner, makes the best vegan soups. He runs specials and I recently had the butternut squash soup which taste just like thanksgiving...yummy! I totally recommend it!

Pros: awesome food, fun and friendly, great fresh juices
HeatherAlt
HeatherAlt

LOVE this place!!!

5 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2010

I LOVE The Sprout! It is the best place to go in Charleston for healthy vegan options. I feel amazing after every meal or drink I have there!! They use the highest quality ingredients and you can taste it. Their smoothies are the best and they have so many fresh options for juices. I can't say enough about how much I LOVE this place! I want to eat there every day...the owners and coworkers are also so nice and personable. I feel so welcome and every time I walk through the door. You got to go check it out for yourself!!

Pros: friendly staff, AWESOME food, smoothies and juices, fun and inviting atmosphere
hippublican
hippublican

Um... no.

2 Posted on 08 / 21 / 2010

I have very little to say about this restaurant that isn't negative.
We went in at noon and already it seemed like they were out of much of their main dishes. We asked for burgers. A while later the worker brought us salads with the "burger" sprinkled on top of it. She said they had run out of buns. Why not let us know that we'll be getting a glorified salad ahead of time? I would have said nevermind and ate somewhere else.
We also got a smoothie and a juice. Our bill was $41. Fourty. One. Dollars. For two drinks and two salads. Holy sh!t.
On top of that, the "burger" salad wasn't even good. Neither were the 4 or 5 "chips" that came on the side. The only thing I liked was my smoothie. My husband didn't take more than 2 or 3 sips of his juice.
This pretty much puts the nail in the coffin as far as my adventures into raw food.. I am so completely turned off.

Pros: good smoothies
Cons: expensive, unappealing food, small portions
ulmerj
ulmerj

Bring The Sprout to Houston!!!

4 Posted on 07 / 11 / 2008

I recently visited The Sprout while in Mt. Pleasant (Charleston) on vacation. It was great. Caroline (one of the owners) was there. She was pleasant, helpful, patient and informative. They've got me hooked on the quinoa breakfast blend. Bring The Sprout to Houston! Ship to Whole Foods in Houston! (But how good would raw foods ship, right?!) I love it. Can't wait to go back to Charleston just for The Sprout. For the first time, I wanted "raw" instead of (albeit delicious) lowcountry seafood.

Pros: Great customer service, Delicious looking and tasting foods
Cons: Have more extended hours, More labels for neo-rawists
ashleyhansen
ashleyhansen

Great Place

5 Posted on 05 / 26 / 2008

This is a neat place. There is wheatgrass growing in the front window and they have recycling and compost containers for customers to use. They are the first raw restaurant in the Charleston area. As is I think common in other raw restaurants, they don't have it prominently displayed that they are raw, they do however have a big sign on a chalkboard that speaks to their goal to "raise the level of HEALTH in the world by creating awareness, education & inspiration about eating vibrant, organic, healthy energy sustaining foods.

DIRECTIONS: It's adjacent to Eco Fitness (a gym - http://www.ecofitnessgym.com/home.html) and in the same shopping center as the Radio Shack. If you are driving on Rt 17 (Johnnie Dodds Blvd) just coming over the bridge from Charleston, the cafe is on your right.

hoffmans2
hoffmans2

Great Lunch!

5 Posted on 05 / 19 / 2008

We got the sunburger, chocolate soymilk, and a smoothie. The burger was the best I've ever had, and the smoothie tasted more real and fresh than any other smoothie I've ever tasted. The restaurant was clean, the lady took our picture for us, and we even picked up chocolate mousse to store in our hotel fridge for after dinner. Worth the fairly quick drive from Charleston.

May 2008

Pros: Tastes Good, Looks Good, Is Good
Cons: In a gym...

Dear Owner and Manager of The Sprout: