Serves meat, veg options available. Pizzeria offering an extensive vegan menu which includes a variety of salads, pizzas (with vegan cheese), sandwiches (chicken philly, veggie burger, vegan melted cheese), calzones, and all the other typical Italian fare vegan-style. Also offers gluten-free dishes. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Italian, Pizza, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
17976 Ventura Blvd (Newcastle Ave)
Encino, California 91316
818-345-6144
OPEN NOW

Mon 11:00am-9:00pm, Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by kenvegan
brandalock
brandalock

Cozy East Coast Feel

Posted on 08 / 28 / 2014

Husband and I went here on one of our weekend vegan excursions and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We actually stumbled on this place when we made the trek to Vin Loi Tofu to find it was closed on Sundays. A quick internet search showed this cute pizza place close by with vegan options.

Parking was in the back and looked like there was plenty of street parking available as well on a Sunday. When we walked in I thought I was back home on the east coast. It was the best surprise!

The ambiance is awesome! Twinkle lights, wood shavings on the floor, old booths, brick walls, and kitch decorations.

We were expecting just to do some substitutions on our pizza to make it vegan but were doubly surprised when the waitress brought a separate vegan menu with pizzas, sandwiches, main entres, and cal zones. They also have a separate gluten-free menu for those interested.

We were hungry and got the biggest pizza and fresh-out-of-the-oven home-made garlic bread. I mean HOMEMADE people!

The service was attentive and friendly and I knew I was in a family owned and run restaurant.

Go here with your family and kids for an outing, after a baseball game, or before a movie, or just for a good old throw-back Americana-Italian feeling. It is worth it!

Pros: Ambiance, Family Run, Great Italian food
kenvegan
kenvegan
+2030

Vegan Pizza and Lasagna! Yum

Posted on 02 / 03 / 2014

Not to be confused with "The Original Pizza Cookery" which is a few miles away, the Pizza Cookery recently added a vegan menu to their offerings. Both restaurants look very similar, as they were once owned by the same owner. If you like 1960's/70's decor with sawdust on the floors, this place is for you. Their menu resembles that of "The Original Pizza Cookery". Italian food has always been comfort food for me, and my meal hit the spot. I split a Daiya cheese pizza with vegetables and a vegan lasagna with my friend. Both were very tasty. The server was very attentive, but the place was empty due it being Superbowl Sunday. Be sure to tell your server that you are vegan when you walk in the door, as they have a separate menu.

Pros: Food, Good Value, Attentive Service

Dear Owner and Manager of The Pizza Cookery: