Serves meat, veg options available. Lunch buffet includes 6 different vegan dishes, plus vegan bread, sides, and desserts (in addition to meat dishes). Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Buffet, Take-out, Ethiopian, African, Non-veg

First Review by houndmom
booya
booya

Loved it! great vegan options and delicious food

4 Posted on 01 / 29 / 2011

I went to the southfield location after seeing groupon special. I'm a vegan and not easily impressed. I was surprised to learn that Ethiopians eat vegan every Wednesday and Friday as well as during most or all of their holidays. Bottom line, as a result this place has delicious vegan options, including a vegan dessert consisting of plantains, vegan carmel, and vanilla soy ice cream (by request). I strongly suggest the vegetarian sampler plate (which is actually vegan). It has 6 vegetable dishes on it. Each tastes better than the next. They provide ample "bread" to scoop up and eat your dish with. The bread is actually a protein packed, flat, soft bread. It seemed very low carb and wheat like. The sampler is more than enough for two people. We were stuffed. There are meat options for your carnivorous friends. The ambiance was cute, warm. Service fast. We went on a Friday night and at certain points there were people lining up at the door waiting for a table. As an added bonus, they serve wine and maybe beer ( I had the south African cab which was good). They have a turkish style coffee that my wife loved. Leave room for the vegan dessert. Overall I have to give it 5 stars. I loved it. But this site only let's you give a max 4 stars to restaurants not labeled as vegetarian. Sort of a dumb rule. I don't see how this place isn't considered vegetarian.

Pros: Food taste, Service, Great vegan options
Cons: I didn't go sooner
houndmom
houndmom

Great service, decent fare

3 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2009

Super fast service, friendly. Food was decent-the green beans were overcooked, but otherwise the veggie combo plate was well seasoned and a more than ample serving for one. Reasonably priced.

Dear Owner and Manager of Taste Of Ethiopia: