Offers organic, gluten-free, vegan food. Has raw food, raw desserts, baked goods, nut milks, and organic fresh pressed Norwalk juices. Weekend brunch. Quiet setting. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, American, Delivery, Macrobiotic, Raw, Bakery, Take-out

First Review by Noa G
cookiem
cookiem

Good food at steep prices

4 Posted on 08 / 24 / 2014

This store is a decent size for NY standards, and it greets you with friendly staff and warm decor. The menu is expansive and will suit all your vegan dining restrictions and preferences. The juices line the fridge beautifully. The raw desserts tempt you as you choose juice, chia pudding, granola, salads or wraps.

The food is delicious and healthful. Avocado can be added to almost any savory dish to increase the healthful fats and vitamins- $2. The sandwiches are fabulously ordered with wheat wrappers or bread, collard green wrapping or as a salad. I love those options! Every one sounds delicious, but I wanted the BLT. It was slightly too salty for me, but then the potatoes that came with it were less salted- maybe that was on purpose?

My favorite items t order though are desserts- they are gluten free for the most part and kind of pricey, but convenience has its cost! Muffins and cupcakes, raw tarts and cookies. Pretty tasty stuff - as vegan and gf go, this stuff ranks in the upper echelon for baked goods.

The wc is kind if small, so be aware!

The food is amazing, I just wonder if I like that there is essentially portion control.... And you need $$$ or a small appetite to be satiated. I love the food though!!

Pros: Gluten free so easy!, Raw is plentiful, Vegan baked aww yeah
Cons: Price, Portions
jkuppi
jkuppi

Sun In Bloom blossoms.

5 Posted on 02 / 12 / 2014

The first time I stepped in to the original Sun In Bloom location in Brooklyn, my jaw dropped. This place has the perfect balance of vegan, raw, and gluten-free food. If you're looking for Kosher, look no further, as Sun In Bloom is entirely Kosher certified. They also have fresh cold-pressed juices, smoothies, Fair-Trade coffee, and everything from dressings to desserts are made from scratch in-house! The new location offers quick grab-n-go style, all organic, wraps, sandwiches, hot soups, and macro bowls, and brings warmth to the corner of Church and Reade in Tribeca with it's radiant staff, keeping in harmony with Sun In Bloom's loving vibes.

Pros: good vibes, EVERYTHING'S delicious, beautiful design
joelrama
joelrama

Delicious and healthy

4 Posted on 12 / 31 / 2013

I love a place with lots of healthy option! The burger and kale chips were great. My only complaint is the burger was a bit small.

Vegan Vagabond
Vegan Vagabond

Don't forget your wallet

3 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2012

Let me start by saying that the food my wife and I had was very good. We ordered a couple of macro dishes and the food was fresh and tasty, but, when you are talking about brown rice, steamed greens, sauerkraut, black beans, etc, how can you screw that up? My issue is that I felt like it was way overpriced for what we got. A small scoop of brown rice, a small portion of steamed greens, a tablespoon of sauerkraut, and a scoop of black beans was $15 or $16. My wife and I then split a piece of cheesecake (very good) and the bill came to over $50 for lunch and we both left hungry. The service was friendly, the food was good, the portions were stingy, and the price was high.

Pros: Good food, Friendly service, Good selection
Cons: Small portions, High price
RoxyWhite
RoxyWhite
  • non-vegetarian

So Good

5 Posted on 07 / 14 / 2012

I went there with my boyfriend today for a couple's brunch since he's gluten free and I swear this place can make you want to eat like this all the time. The food was amazing although a little pricey. I'd definitely go back. Still thinking about that gluten-free brunch tart.

Pros: food, atmosphere
Cons: prices
turtleveg
turtleveg

Good fresh food

4 Posted on 05 / 22 / 2012

We enjoyed our dinner at Sun in Bloom, especially due to their gluten free options. The down side was that there was very little air circulation and as soon as we walked in it was very hot (outside was about 70 degrees and felt a lot cooler than inside the restaurant) - they turned the ceiling fan on for us but it offered very little relief.
We enjoyed our meals and hope to go back for their weekend brunch.

JD55555
JD55555

If you want a healthy meal, this is your place.

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2011

Good music, relaxing, and fresh, delicious food. Try the reuben (with homemade sauerkraut!) or macrobowl (steamed greens, wakame, beans... yummy seasame ginger dressing). And if you leave without dessert, you're missing out. Raw peppermint, chocolate, espresso torte is absolutely lovely! Definitely recommend Sun In Bloom!

tammie
tammie

LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!

5 Posted on 11 / 15 / 2011

LOVE this place!!!! My first time at Sun In Bloom in Brooklyn and I loved it!!!!!! I had delicious juice (my first time really trying juice) and the best gluten-free pancakes that I have ever had. I will definitely be returning. And I love the ladies running this place... they were so helpful and kind...loved them.

I'm just a vegaterian but this place is a must try for anyone that is vegaterian, vegan, gluten-free or raw. The atmosphere is relaxing and I love supporting such an independent, organic restaurant. Loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, good value
buddhaphilwisdom
buddhaphilwisdom

Expensive

2 Posted on 07 / 26 / 2010

Good food. Small portions. Extremely expensive. $5 for 12 oz lemonade. $10 for a sandwich (nothing on the side).

Pros: vegan, organic, in brooklyn
Cons: small portions, over-priced
veggiegoth
veggiegoth

cute little cafe

4 Posted on 07 / 08 / 2010

i have been to sun in bloom just a couple of times. they have things such as cake, cookies, muffins, and i think a few sandwiches. i have only had the cookies and muffins. cookies were ok and muffins were very good.

Noa G
Noa G

This restaurant led me to Happy Cow and Eating Veg

5 Posted on 05 / 30 / 2010

Hi all, I'm relatively new to vegan/raw food and it is thanks to this place that I am completely hooked. Aimee and her staff make their food and their space warm and welcoming.

Now that they've been open for a few months, there have been some terrific additions to the menu. I have a few favorite dishes that I'll share with you: the Bella Divine, which is mesclun and avocado mixed with dulse and raw sauerkraut with a live dressing, is something my body now craves daily. Go and order it with a side of their live sesame-ginger kale chips (yum).

My kids (7 and 5) are hooked on the "all-day inspired breakfast" granola with coconut kefir, fresh fruit, goji berries and cacao. And thanks to one of the staff patiently sharing the benefits of wheatgrass with my daughter, she now drinks it whenever we're in there. (She's 7.)

The food is amazing, but what I actually like best about Sun in Bloom is the atmosphere--the whole staff makes a thoughtful effort to learn names, everyone is smiling, it's clear they care a great deal about both the quality of the food and the quality of the experience. There are neat little events that keep popping up, like Tarot Tuesdays in the evening. This is definitely the kind of place where customers can find a new friend sitting at the table--which is just lovely.

Cool newest addition: benches outside; perfect for people-watching on Bergen Street!

Pros: spectacular food, made fresh, very friendly staff, terrific vibe
Cons: selection of food is growing

Dear Owner and Manager of Sun in Bloom: