A wheat-free pastry shop that specializes in gluten free and has vegan desserts. Offers custom-made cakes, and stock their counters with sweet goods such as cupcakes, cookies, brownies and danish. Light lunch and soups daily with vegan options. Not everything is vegan or gluten free, but everything is labeled. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out
2688 Coolidge (north of Eleven Mile)
Berkley, Michigan 48072
248-542-5622

First Review by SPAman
wesnmiles
wesnmiles

Would try again.

Posted on 09 / 18 / 2014

I have tried their chocolate peanut butter cookies and their oatmeal raisin cookies. I wasn't a big fan of either. They were very dry and hard. I don't know if that's how they usually are or if they had just been sitting out for too long, but I would never get the cookies again.
I also tried a chocolate cupcake. Now that was fantastic. Definitely enjoyed that. I would like to try another dessert from here, but they have a very small ready-made vegan selection to chose from. You can order more with 48 hours notice.

booya
booya

I love this place

Posted on 06 / 30 / 2014

I've been in here several times, going back to when they were in royal oak. I love how passionate they are about the food they provide. The vegan cookies are outstanding. The gluten free stuff is great as well. They have treats to satisfy all allergy and dietary preferences. A lot of restaurants in metro detroit sell their gluten free bread.

Pros: The cookies, The muffins, The pies
Cons: It's in Berkley
AshleyAbdenour
AshleyAbdenour

yummy vegan cookies!

Posted on 01 / 11 / 2014

I stopped in on my way home one day. Vegan selection was scarce. They had cupcakes and cookies to choice from. I picked up a chocolate peanut butter, and oatmeal pumpkin. Both were very delicious especially the pumpkin oatmeal!!!

Pros: delicious
Cons: small selection

SPAman
SPAman

Birthday Cupcakes

Posted on 10 / 14 / 2012

My girlfriend and I picked up 6 vegan cupcakes from this bakery for a birthday. They had a fairly good selection of vegan flavors (must cupcake shops in the area carry only 1 on any particular day). I would rate these cupcakes as better than we could make at home but not quite as good as some of the offerings at other cupcake shops in the area. The frosting tasted a bit too much like earth balance to score 5 cows.

Pros: good value, friendly staff, good selection

Dear Owner and Manager of Sugar Kisses: