Well-known cupcake store offering one vegan cupcake option (a red velvet cupcake) and one gluten free cupcake. more-less

First Review by merlebc
merlebc
merlebc

• herbivore

Cupcakes might be good, but service is lousy!

2 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2013

I wanted to try the vegan cupcake at Sprinkles so stopped by on a Sunday afternoon and the place was packed. Line was almost out the door. People were packed inside the place like sardines waiting for service. Waited in line for a while and the line never seemed to move, so I finally got tired of being whacked by the door in the confined space and decided to go around to the 24 hour cupcake ATM and try there. People were trying to use the machine, but it was inoperable. It wasn't even stocked. I guess their definition of 24 hour and mine differs greatly. I decided to come back in a couple of hours and try again. Same situation only the line was now stretching out the door and down the block. The cupcake dispensing ATM was still inoperable. Decided no cupcake could possibly be worth the hassle involved in obtaining one from Sprinkles and went home.
Updated from previous review on Sunday August 11, 2013
Just an update we did finally manage to get vegan cupcakes from this store. The cupcakes were good, but not near as good as most other vegan cupcakes I've had. The dogs did love their non-vegan pupcakes.

Cons: Understaffed, False advertising regarding Cupcake ATM, Lines too long

Dear Owner and Manager of Sprinkles Cupcakes: