Spicy Vegetarian Cuisine

Richmond vegan restaurant serving Chinese food. Menu features hot pots, tofu and fresh vegetable main entrees, soups, spring rolls and other appetizers. Chinese name is 禪悅齋. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Chinese

First Review by kaestercool
lilazn30
lilazn30

Spicy Vegetarian

3 Posted on 02 / 06 / 2012

I only been here twice. The first time was on a Full Moon, and in Richmond, when there's a Full moon or half moon, people would eat vegetation or not eat meat. But what happened was that it was my friend's birthday back in 2010 and we had a dinner. Not within an hour... the waiter rushed us and asked if we could finish our food as to go... So pretty much they're rushed us.. I was not pleased...

The second time was in the beginning of the new year (2012) when I called in and ordered take out and the server she picked up the phone and put me on hold. I was coming from Surrey and I was hoping to order it and when I arrive to the restaurant, I can pick it up and leave instead of waiting cause I was in a rush to go somewhere... But the server put me on hold.. and never came back to the phone... We walked in holding the phone and showing it to them that they put us on hold for over 25 minutes.

But overall the price is cheap and the food is great.

Pros: Price is decent, Food is yummy
twotoadstools
twotoadstools

Tasty Vegan-Chinese Fare

5 Posted on 01 / 11 / 2011

Traditional fare with plenty of choices from hot-pots to a variety of tofu dishes. Many gently fried tofu/tofu skin dishes available as well as some more 'exotic' entrees. Some dishes are slim on the veggies oddly enough so getting a side of vegetables is recommended if you're in the mood for greens. Dishes are very much home made and do not emphasize the mock-meats as much as some of the other Chinese-vegetarian restaurants in the Vancouver area. Many mock-meats are made with dairy so perhaps this is one reason. But that's not an issue, the food is delicious.

If you go, we highly recommend the exquisite 'lotus leaf' dish. We've been three times and plan to go again. This is an enjoyably mellow and relaxing sit-down restaurant that obviously caters to ethnic Chinese Canadians. But the staff is extremely friendly all around. Please note that Spicy Vegetarian actually has designated parking in the lot (just look for the orange parking cones and/or lot attendant) One of our favorite spots!

Pros: Reasonably priced, Interesting Dishes, Friendly staff & atmosphere
Cons: closed weds.
kaestercool
kaestercool

Great Place for Spicy Lovers

5 Posted on 02 / 27 / 2009

I've been there twice now and I've been quite satisfied with their food. Though I find the atmosphere a bit too quiet sometimes. My favorite is the spicy fry rice. The spring rolls are very good and cheap. The hot and sour soup is excellent. One of the waitresses is always beaming. It is now one of my favourite places to go when I feel like some good chinese vegetarian food.

Pros: Good Food, Good Service, Good Price
Cons: Too Quiet

Dear Owner and Manager of Spicy Vegetarian Cuisine: