Siddhartha Pure Vegetarian

Opened 2014 this is a vegetarian and vegan food restaurant. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Take-out
1471 Gerrard St E
Toronto, Ontario M4L 2A3

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by Zo
  • non-vegetarian

I really wanted to try this place

Posted on 09 / 28 / 2015

I really wanted to try this place, I walk by almost daily and the pictures of the buffet in the window looked wonderful, Lunch buffet is now only available on weekends so we went Sunday at noon. Although they open at 11:30 NOTHING was set up and they didn't even know we were there. Not to be detoured, we went over to the Flying Pony to have a coffee and give them time to set up. Half an hour later, the buffet was half full at this point we should have walked, but hubby knew I had been wanting to try so we decided to stay. Slowly the additional dishes were brought out but we found most of them watery and lacking substance. There were several dishes labelled Paneer but it was hard to find any Paneer in them. When I pointed this out they did bring out a bowl and add more cubes. Come on now, we were the first customers of the day it is not like someone before us picked the dishes clean (unless of course, they were recycled from the previous nights buffet).

The food was over seasoned and I know this because I eat Indian cuisine about once a week. Fresh naan was not on the bar, it was made to order and brought to the table, with a choice of regular or garlic, It was not brought until we were well into our second plate of food and it was one piece quartered. There were two of us, they gave a single diner near us the same exact basket. They offered more when the basket was empty, but who has all afternoon? It was close to 1pm before they brought out the chopped lettuce for the salad bar, well over an hour after they opened. I see all these wonderful reviews about the eggplant, that must have been in the one remaining empty spot on the buffet when we left, as there was none. Although I am not vegetarian/vegan my daughter is and I am quite familiar with eating this way. This was the gassiest experience I have ever from a vegetarian restaurant.

The price is very affordable and the staff friendly but we will not be returning.

Pros: Price, friendly
Cons: everything else

Very Satisfied

Posted on 06 / 23 / 2014

Mostly Vegan Options, the waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable about which items were Vegan. Very Nice Atmosphere as well.

Pros: Service, Variety , Price

Dear Owner and Manager of Siddhartha Pure Vegetarian: