Small vegan store with the main focus being in-house-made artisan cheese, and a large variety of other cheeses. Other items include meat alternatives of every generation, dry foodstuffs, non-dairy products, hygiene products, cosmetics, books and more. more-less
Charles Deberiotstraat 2
Leuven, Belgium 3000

Tue-Sat 11:00am-6:30pm

First Review by hl_morrissey
OpalWisteria
OpalWisteria

Love this shop

Posted on 04 / 06 / 2015

Got me some delicious artisanal veganaise here. the shopkeeper was very friendly! They also have lots of cheeses.

Cosmic Teapot
Cosmic Teapot

Makes Leuven a better place

Posted on 03 / 06 / 2015

Shavt was a discovery for us, it brought on something we hadn't expected: the return of cheese into our vegan lives. Because, let's face it, you can live without but it's a better life with cheese! Shavt sells various homemade vegan cheeses, I recommend the cashew mozzarella and the "herby" cream cheese. Besides that, there is a good choice of brand cheese and of course many other handy vegan items that are hard to find elsewhere.

Pros: 100% vegan, sells niche vegan items, homemade cheeses, friendly owner
Beez
Beez

Awesome place

Posted on 10 / 12 / 2014

They have everything you are looking for. I found some items I did not manage to find anywhere else (e.g. Liquid Smoke, Vegan Bacon, ...) The best part for me are the vegan cheeses, and especially the homemade vegan cheeses. The owner lets you taste the cheeses, and they are so unbelievably creamy (think: melt in your mouth!).

I thought the owner was a very nice and helpful guy. He even offered me some tea while we discussed vegan matters. So if you feel like hanging around, make sure to ask him about the tea. ;) (I will definitely go back!)

Pros: Amazing cheeses, Friendly owner, Tea

Dorien
Dorien

very nice shop

Posted on 10 / 03 / 2014

very friendly , nice and clean shop. A lot of choices. I will go back :-)

Riotdontdiet
Riotdontdiet

Artisanal vegan cheese

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

The home made cheeses are amazing, if you're in Leuven you should really try them. Also they sell Wilmersburger cheese here.

Pros: friendly staff, home made vegan cheese
hl_morrissey
hl_morrissey

Amazing

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2014

I just found this store for the first time. The owner is extremely helpful and lets customer's taste the cheeses he makes. There are many products I have not been able to find anywhere in my seven years of veganism (including marshmallows). I highly recommend this place.

Pros: central, good and different range

Dear Owner and Manager of SHAVT: