Offers typical Uruguayan fast food dishes in vegetarian versions. Also a location at Zabala 1341 casi Sarandi (Cuidad Vieja). Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Uruguayan, Belarussian, Fast food
26 de Marzo 1399 esq. L. Perez (Pocitos)
Montevideo, Uruguay

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by felipe
HermosaSteve
HermosaSteve

Excellent Vegan/Vegetarian food in Montevideo!

Posted on 02 / 10 / 2013

What a great find for vegetarian and vegan food. Especially since Uruguay produces some very good beef. I try to find vegetarian/vegan restaurants on the road just to be safe, and this one was excellent. I recommend the Chivitos, blinis, and large salads. They deliver though I always went in person to see the Russian lady who is the proprietor. I highly recommend this place!
I had trouble finding the restaurant. The address 1399 seems like it is much closer to downtown than Pocitos. However, the address of the building on the same side of the street but across is 3189. It really is at the intersection of 26 de Marzo and esq. L. Perez, and worth finding. Enjoy.

Pros: Vegetarian Chivitos rock!, Blinis, Deserts
Cons: I don't speak Russian, I don't speak spanish, they don't speak much english
felipe
felipe

good value fast food

Posted on 12 / 19 / 2010

this is a strange vegetarian place owned by a Russian couple. You can find russian beer. You can create your own "blini" which is a sort of big pancake that can be filled with a nice variety of dips, which contain spinach, palmitos, vegetable meet and a lot more.

Pros: tasty, good value, quick
Cons: traffic noise, miss the juices they did

Dear Owner and Manager of Sabor Urbano: