Vegan creamery located on a family farm. Also operates a whole food co-op. more-less
16 Parker Hill Rd (Heritage Farm)
Sanbornton, New Hampshire 03269

morgantroia
morgantroia

strange experience

Posted on 05 / 22 / 2015

I had a weird experience here. It's on a farm, and it was pretty dead. The place itself is really cute from the outside and has that farm feel. However, when I walked in there was one woman working there and she seemed confused that I was there. I asked if they were open and she said yes. I looked around and it looked like it was just ice cream bars so I asked her if there were other options and she said just bars and cups. So I went over to the freezer to get a cup and I chose peanut butter cup. When I went to pay for it I asked for a spoon and she didn't have one. No spoons?? At an ice cream place?? It was so weird. She called to her colleague asking if he had any spoons and he went in the back room to check and the lady said they usual just use the small wooden spoons and i said that was fine so I took that and left. As I was pulling out of the parking lot the man who went looking for spoons ran out with a handful of plastic spoons and gave me one. The ice cream was delicious, but very expensive for a small amount, and similar to something I could get at the grocery store

Pros: delicious product
Cons: poor service
EricB
EricB

Great people, great place.

Posted on 05 / 08 / 2015

Really good vegan cashew ice cream located on a farm in Sanbornton NH. You heard that right. People at Hertidge Farm are always incredibly helpful and friendly. Playground on site and farm animals for feeding and petting. Only down side is they mostly have homemade ice cream bars not scoops and cones. The bars come in a variety of different flavors though, usually more then 10! Plus they will dip them in chocolate, if you like! It would be nice if they had sundaes and cones, but I'll take vegan ice cream anyway you want to deliver it.

Pros: Playground, Friendly staff, vegan ice cream
Cons: no cones, or sundaes

Dear Owner and Manager of Rock Salt Creamery: