Posada El Cristo de la Luz

Serves meat, veg options available. A late night restaurant and hookah lounge. Vegan choices include hummus, falafel, yabrak, eggplant with tomato, couscous with almonds, and various salads. For menu of the day you choose a 1st plate and an entree, or order individual plates. Its outside terrace shares walls with the historic city. On occasion there is live music. The owner from Syria, who speaks English, will help you decide on a vegan meal as well as tell you about the history of the quirky building that houses the restaurant. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Syrian, Middle Eastern, Beer/Wine, Non-veg
Calle Cristo de la Luz (Puerta Cristo de la Luz)
Toledo, Spain 45001

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by erichartnett24
JonTurner2000
JonTurner2000

Great Food's The Truth - Here at La Luz

4 Posted on 09 / 10 / 2014

Really atmospheric both inside the restaurant and on the lovely patio area under the old city wall. Food was fresh and tasty with good sized portions and great value. Service was friendly and efficient. We liked it so much here we went back 2 nights later during our short stay in Toledo. Highly recommended.

Pros: Good value, Tasty Dishes, Atmospheric
erichartnett24
erichartnett24

great food & great atmosphere, every time.

4 Posted on 11 / 19 / 2013

I have lived in the city of Toledo for just over 4 months now, and this delightful restaurant has become a favorite of mine that I frequently visit. It started as a place that I could obtain really good hummus (there are 2 or 3 places where hummus is available in Toledo including grocery stores) and it has ended up being the first meal I need to have upon returning to Toledo from my travels. I begin to crave the falafel when I haven't eaten it in a week or so, the eggplant and tomato dish is simply decadent, and the hummus is out of this world.

The owner is very cool and has become a friend of mine here in the city. This restaurant is amazing and I am excited for it's popularity to grow, more people will fall in love with the atmosphere and food upon their first visit to this lovely place.

Pros: Hummus, Beautiful Outdoor Terrace, Fresh food, friendly staff

Dear Owner and Manager of Posada El Cristo de la Luz: