Nuts and Grains

A health food store with a variety of natural health groceries, supplements, cosmetics, and more. A made-to-order and takeout menu, deli including sandwiches, soup, salad, smoothies, frozen yogurt, and snacks. Also sell modern cloth diapers and you can visit their site where you can explore their menu as well as some health tips. more-less
238 Farenholt Ave, Tamuning (behind Oka Payless)
Guam, Micronesia 96911
671-646-9358

First Review by Siovahn
Siovahn
Siovahn

• raw

OK

2 Posted on 11 / 22 / 2009

They have a small variety of vitamins/minerals, gluten-free products, and herbal dried teas. They do NOT have frozen/fresh goods. Don't let the name fool you...I was hoping I could by bulk nuts & grains here but they just have prepackaged highly priced items. The staff doesn't seem too excited about doing what they do. The prices are ridiculous. For instance the same size/brand of unrefined cocount oil here sold for 29.99 while at Payless it sold for 19.98. Really a ten dollar difference?!?! I would say you could find about 90% of what they had at Payless. The only thing I bought here was hemp protien powder which I had not seen anywhere else on the island. However for what I paid for it I will probably just be ordering online. They have a small deli with a couple choices, some vegetarian and nothing raw.

• dulca_mara dulca_mara

Agree with all of the above. Didn't eat here because none of the items were vegan, plus the employees didn't seem to keen on the concept of contamination. Picked up some teff flour, though. Highlight of my visit.

• GuamVegan GuamVegan

I agree with everything in your review. It is still the same today. I would like to add that there is no vegan option. Don't waste your time going to Nuts and Grains.

Dear Owner and Manager of Nuts and Grains: