CLOSED: Minty Wellness

This restaurant is part of a hotel and spa. Offers organic, gluten free, raw, and vegan food. Freshly baked bread daily. Menu is approximately 25% raw and 75% cooked vegan. Can host groups as well as individual diners. Hidden in the midst of 100 acres of natural woodland. Patio dining overlooking large pond. JUN 2013 REPORTED SHUT DOWN, PHONE & WEB NOT WORKING - REMOVED. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan, Organic, Raw, American

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by mary6jo
Loulou
Loulou

You won't be disappointed!

Posted on 09 / 07 / 2011

Minty Wellness is such a find, a beautiful building in gorgeous grounds. We detoured here on our way to Niagara Falls as part of our raw tour of NE USA and we where NOT disappointed. Although it says it is 75% raw and 25% cooked this is how hey started out and are now 75% cooked and 25% raw, however there was still enough options for my partner and I to have a 3 course meal and eat different items. It was all immaculately presented and a really luxurious environment. We were also given a tour of the spa centre and the many treatments on offer.
The following day we went to Niagara Falls (just over an hour away) then on the way to our next location we decided to go back there again for a late lunch! As the previous day we had exhausted most of the raw options, the chef offered to make us an alternative raw entree, but we both finished off again with the AMAZING raspberry ganache fudge cake. We are happy to whole-heartedly recommend Minty Wellness as a restaurant, spa and hotel- you won't be disappointed!

Pros: raw options, friendly owners, close-ish to Niaraga falls
ransak
ransak

A new FAVORITE

Posted on 04 / 09 / 2011

My wife and I have been vegan for just over a year so we were looking for a nice vegan place to visit. At first we worried that Minty Wellness might be a bit "crystal" - you know what I mean. But have no fear! While they certainly have first-rate facilities for all kinds of massage/colonics, etc. they are just very down-to-earth, nice people with an incredible facility.
When you walk in, the smell is clean and you can tell that it is a new building - still smells new (in a good way). We had tomato bisque, artichoke and "cheese" bread, and tacos. We also got two orders of pierogis to go. The food is very well prepared (professional).
If you turn off of Rt. 77, it's about 2 and 1/4 miles down Church Rd on your left. Look closely for the sign and drive slowly on the sort of rough driveway. It is well worth the trip!

Pros: Ambiance, Food, People
Pembroke
Pembroke

Terrific food

Posted on 03 / 26 / 2011

We just discovered Minty Wellness and went there last night for dinner(in the midst of a driving snowstorm--after our meal the owner led the way down the driveway to make sure we could get out--just an illustration of their service!)

The food was delightful; the owners genuinely warm, friendly, and knowledgeable. All vegan and definitely a 4.5 out of 5 stars--the one slight limitation is a fairly small menu.

We toured the lodging rooms and wellness rooms--we are definitely urging our out-of-town family to stay there as they will bask in the luxury. Everything is new and well done. The location is lovely. I can, without reservation, recommend Minty Wellness.

Pros: freshly prepared food, good value, genuinely friendly staff

elli_edelstein
elli_edelstein

Wonderful lunch

Posted on 03 / 17 / 2011

Minty Wellness was amazing! The location is beautiful. It is in a forest with views of the pond. The service was great also. The best part was the food. The "best vegan taco in the world" truly lives up to its name and the "cheesy" daiya artichoke bread was too delicious for words. Best bread I've ever had. Actually, dining at Minty Wellness was the best time I have ever had going out to eat.

Pros: excellent food , beautiful location , large portions
Danielle Legg
Danielle Legg

Minty Wellness, an amazing staycation retreat

Posted on 02 / 09 / 2011

Having a demanding career my boyfriend and I both have a hard time being able to take time off. We had wanted to go on a short vacation, but even a day off during the week is tough to schedule. We decided to go to Minty Wellness for the weekend, a short drive from Buffalo, it felt like we were a world away. Nestled in the woods away from road and traffic, Minty Wellness was a perfect get away! The spa was beautiful, and so relaxing, and the food was absolutely delicious! Every meal, from lunch on Saturday to Lunch Sunday, was prepared with so much care, and the flavors danced in my mouth. The room was beautiful, and over looked the snow covered wetlands. The floor in the bathroom was heated, and the organic cotton robes were honestly dreamy. I could have stayed for an entire week and never been bored, or hungry.

Pros: Atmosphere, Food, Spa
Todd S
Todd S

Amazing

Posted on 01 / 25 / 2011

My wife and I visited Minty Wellness recently and we had an amazing weekend. Linda, the owner, was terrific. She made us feel at home. I had a slight cold and she brought some medicine to my room so that I didn't have to drive to the drug store. We are vegan and it was great to have an entire menu of delicious raw and vegan selections to choose from. Our room was beautiful and comfortable; the heated bathroom floors were a bonus on a cold winter's weekend. The spa treatments were wonderful. Overall, the experience was incredible. The owner and staff were friendly and accommodating. We'll be back soon!

Todd & Alexis S.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great food, Reasonable prices
JenniferT2
JenniferT2

Fabulous

Posted on 12 / 01 / 2010

My husband and I spent a wonderful night at Minty Wellness on our way to Clevelenad, OH and what a treat it was. We are not vegetarians, but do try to eat healthy. We both loved the organ vegan menu. We took a bicycle ride through the quiet country roads, treated ourselves to spa treatments and then a fabulous meal. We would highly recommend a visit! Thank you for the breakfast in bed...that was such a special touch.

Pros: Excellent Rooms, Spa, Fabulous Food
Clecle
Clecle

Minty Wellness

Posted on 10 / 18 / 2010

My husband and i celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Minty Wellness.
We enjoyed the tasty vegan food, the comfortable and attractive room, the natural setting and the environmental awareness of the co-owners. The owners were open to new educational programs, such as one on hydrofracking for gas (a danger to beautiful upstate NY), and they were happy to display material from animal rights organizations at their reception desk. They made our stay extra-special by giving us white roses and a photo of us for our anniversary.

christine14221
christine14221

Raw dining

Posted on 10 / 17 / 2010

Have enjoyed almost every item on the menu from a green juice to a raw dessert. Everything is fresh and delicious. Decor and atmosphere are very pleasant and relaxing. A great way to spend an entire day or just a meal.

MaryBe
MaryBe

A Local Treasure

Posted on 10 / 02 / 2010

I recently dined at Minty Wellness to celebrate my journey into veganism. It was wonderful to have the choice of ordering anything on the menu without requesting modifications! And there were many delicious choices! I finally decided on the Vegan Lasagna and it was amazing, as was the gluten free bread and olive oil they bring to the table. The restaurant itself is beautiful, as well as the rest of the hotel and spa. I plan to go back soon, and often

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Staff, Peaceful
Cons: Somewhat Pricey, Driveway needs work
jeremyc007
jeremyc007

Lunch at Minty

Posted on 08 / 22 / 2010

With utmost sincerity, I was blown away with Minty Wellness. Everything was perfect. I've been a raw vegan for about 1.5 years and this is one of the only restaurants in the area that offers a great selection of raw cuisine - including raw juices!. I also like to enjoy an occasional cooked dish and I must say the Cajun Tomato Avocado sandwich was fantastic. The owners Linda, Mary, and David are so warm and accommodating. That warmth radiates from them and gives the Center a peacefulness that is palpable. This sense of peace is healing in-and-of-itself to all people that visit Minty regardless if they are aware of it. I look forward to spending more time in this tranquil environment to enjoy nature and delicious cuisine with friends and family. You will not be disappointed!

Pros: Fantastic Food - Whether Vegan, or RAW, Warm and caring staff, aura of peace, WiFi Cafe
clay luc
clay luc

Excellent Everything

Posted on 08 / 13 / 2010

Excellent food, reasonable prices for it being all organic. Cozy forest atmosphere, elegant ding room, beautiful. Would recommend the drive for anyone like us in a 2 hour drive radius. Can't wait to come back. Jah Guide

scarlet_anc
scarlet_anc

great food, extremely nice people

Posted on 08 / 07 / 2010

Came for dinner on August 6th after staying at darien lake for camping. We ordered the guacamole and chips to start off then had the lasagna and best vegan taco ever. Everything was delicious that even though we were both full when we were done with our meal we still wanted to try dessert. We ordered the chocolate walnut cookie that's got a lot of crunch. It has sugar crystals and cacao bits that make it nice and crunchy. And to top it all off, the people are really nice and want to make sure you're happy with your food. I'll definitely try to make the long drive out there to go again soon.

Pros: excellent food, healthy, raw
LeoBlair
LeoBlair

Minty Wellness Awesome!

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2010

We visited Minty Wellness Center in Darien Center, NY on the 26th of June and can only say WOW!

The Raw organic food prepared by Chef Michael was absolutely
wonderful. We will certainly go back again very soon. I can't say enough good about the Restaurant as it was the best we have experienced in the Rochester/Buffalo area. It compares with Karyn's Fresh Corner in Chicago.

The Center is New and has a wonderful staff as well. You can eat inside or outside. It is so peaceful. It is certainly worth staying over night. There is 8 beautifully appointed guest rooms available. We will soon go there for a massage and have lunch.Everything is handicap accessible.

Leo & Judith

Pros: Wonderful tasting food, vegan and raw, great people
mary6jo
mary6jo
  • non-vegetarian

A Local Discovery

Posted on 06 / 18 / 2010

After seeing an ad for "Minty Wellness" a vegan, raw, restaurant, spa, and hotel (actually B & B better describes their unique rooms, we enjoyed a delicious, and nutritious lunch on a fine early summer afternoon. Menu selections included sushi appetizers, freshly made guacamole, excellent portobello, tofu sandwiches on homemade chiabatta bread, a tofu pizza, and much more..we actually ordered just about one of everything and shared. Everything was excellent. Three children under four were welcomed warmly and served fresh veggies, and delicious brownies. Other desserts included a pear "pie of the day" with a delicious almond crust, and cheesecake topped with fresh strawberries and bluberries. One of the staff gave us a promised tour or the tastefully, minimalist yet very warm and welcoming rooms and the spa facilities.
Midway between Buffalo and Rochester, NY and close enough to Canada, this is a treasure, and certainly worth a visit. We're glad it's in our "backyard."

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Minty Wellness: