Kartoffel Lord Vegetarische...

Petesternz
Petesternz

Vegetarian Oasis!

4 Posted on 12 / 16 / 2013

Thought I'd update. Still LOVE the Arabic - which is worth the trip. Really worth the visit. They are renovating the entire restaurant, and within the next few months, they'll have a whole new set up, with seating. Love Kartoffel Lord. Never miss it. My rating should be five cows - this is a vegetarian restaurant.

Living in Germany as I am at the moment, this country is not a mecca for vegans, so it was great to find this little spot in Dortmund which is a must visit. Not much to look at, it is simply good fast food for vegetarians, with plenty of interest for vegans. The Arabic wrap was fantastic, and the sauce on this masterpiece was vegan (ask for the others - they are not all vegan, though everything here is vegetarian). The pita here is homemade on site, and the mixture of sauces and fake meat was first-rate. Definitely worth a visit. Prices are very fair as well. Nice owners, if you speak some German. I have not tried anything other than the Arabic pita, but they also have all sorts of falafel, soya burgers, and they do a lot of baked potato combinations with sauce that are popular in Germany. I believe several of these are vegan.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 23, 2008

Pros: value, taste
Cons: not much seating - for now!
volkan
volkan

Arabic Fan

4 Posted on 01 / 21 / 2013

The thing that they sell as arabic is basically heaven wrapped in tortilla bread. More specifically, it is texturized soy protein with some curry sauce together with onions, greens and tomatoes. You can also ask for some spices to make it a bit hot (but German hot, which means very mild). I had the same thing for two lunches in row and I could have probably had it every day.

You can ask for whole wheat bread as well for an extra 50 cents.

They also have burgers and baked tomatoes but I had the idea they mostly sell arabic and falafels.

DarkMonty
DarkMonty

• raw

Cheese

1 Posted on 06 / 24 / 2012

They have a "Vegan" Cheese as option , they sell it as a Vegan cheese , but it is no Vegan Cheese ... it's analogcheese with milk....

I am a little bit pissed !!!

Pros: Arabic
Cons: sell non vegan stuff as vegan stuff, expansive
tofumond
tofumond

Yay to Fast Food.

4 Posted on 05 / 31 / 2012

I love Kartoffellord! It's rather small, but that does not affect the food, as it's really good!

Everyone I know is a fan of the Arabic, but I think that the Falafel wrap is just as awesome! To make it vegan, you just have to say so and they will use a special vegan hummus sauce!

I also like that they offer whole grain bread as an alternative to white bread, even if it's a bit more expensive.

You should definitely try it out, it's so yummy!
And now I'm hungry. (;

Pros: Falafel wrap, Fast Food, affordable
Cons: small venue
sophihie
sophihie

Amazing Veggie Fastfood

4 Posted on 02 / 28 / 2012

I just love this place!! I live in Dortmund since nearly three years now and it took a while until I had found Vegetarian places to go and eat. Kartoffellord is just amazing because it is Fast Food so you don't have to sit in an expensive restaurant and it's really nice food! I especially like the Arabic which is their speciality. It's location is perfect as well because it's in the middle of Dortmund. So when everybody gets the munchies after a night out it's a great option to escape having to go to McDonalds with your friends because Kartoffel Lord is open until the early hours. It really is some of the nicest Fast Food I have ever had!! And it's very cheap as well :)!

Pros: friendly staff, good value, very, very nice food!
hack_man
hack_man

Top notch fast food

4 Posted on 08 / 31 / 2009

Amazing place open til the early hours of the morning, perfect for a super tasty vegan kebab or wrap. They also do delicious baked potatoes and salads. The speciality is the 'Arabic' wrap which is a mouth watering falafel style pitta bread served with succulent soya 'meat' balls and a unique sauce with choice of salad filling. Seriously tasty. Some of the best fast food I have ever had. Genius establishment and friendly staff.

Pros: late opening, tasty food, staff
  • Petesternz Petesternz

Couldn't agree more with your review. As you can see below, I am also a huge fan. But given your rave review, why only four cows??

Stevie
Stevie

Kartoffel Lord Vegetarische Kuche , Dortmund

4 Posted on 09 / 08 / 2006

It's about 3 years ago but when I visited Dortmund I ate in this place a lot. Centrally located, tasty take away food, generous portions also I seem to remember. I'd have no issuess going back there. Good value for money.

Pros: Central location, Tasty food, Value for money

Dear Owner and Manager of Kartoffel Lord Vegetarische Kuche: