Karma ChaMEALeon - Food Truck

Ontario's first vegan food truck bringing natural fresh food to the streets. Check its website for daily locations. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Canadian, Western, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by amysaundersbigelow
habsfan93
habsfan93

My First Veggie Food Truck Experience

5 Posted on 05 / 27 / 2014

I love food trucks and I love good vegetarian food. So this was the best of both worlds!! I had the Philly cheese steak sandwich which I believe was made of seitan. Melt in your mouth good! And the rosemary fries were a great side! I will keep my eye out for this truck in the future!

vegangela
vegangela

Sadly Underwhelmed

2 Posted on 12 / 09 / 2013

I was so excited to FINALLY make it to Karma Chameleon. However, when I got there my friend and I had to wait FOREVER for them to re-open. It took a while to get the food out even though there were only two customers (counting myself). But, I was so excited I didn't mind any of that until I got my food. I ordered the mini-cupcake trio and I found hair in the icing as soon as I opened the box. I walked back and told the man working. He checked, acted like he didn't see it until I pointed it out then all he did was offer me one without hair in it. It was truly disgusting and when you pay that kind of money for three tiny cupcakes and find hair, you should be offered some sort of compensation, but I wasn't. I also ordered the Jamaican Jerk Tacos. They were truly disgusting. I couldn't even eat more than half of one. They didn't taste like jerk at all. It was all overwhelming heat and no flavour. I am so disappointed as I wanted very much for the first vegan truck here to do well, but I doubt I will return.

• Karma Chamealeon Karma Chamealeon

Quality control & customer satisfaction is important to us. Our cupcakes are the only menu item that we have made by an independent vegan bakery. We were shocked by this as well. We will be making in-house desserts from now on. We are terribly sorry about your experience and hope you will give the karma truck another chance.

AimlessArrow
AimlessArrow

Pretty good

4 Posted on 10 / 05 / 2013

I got to try some food from here when they visited the Vegetarian Food Fest in Toronto.

I had the cheesesteak sandwich. The steak strips were very nice, but I felt like there were hardly any onions and cheese sauce on the sandwich. The coleslaw that came with it was good.

I would like to try some more items from this food truck if I ever happen to be in Hamilton, or if they start visiting more cities. I will update my review as I try more items.

Unfortunately the portions are a bit small and the prices are not too great. If I remember correctly, my sandwich and coleslaw was $9.

Pros: Good food, Rotating menu, always different options
Cons: Expensive, Small portions
newvegguy
newvegguy

Finally!!!!! A Vegan Food Truck!

5 Posted on 07 / 30 / 2013

We finally had an opportunity to try their delicious fare at Holy Food Truck which takes place in a church parking lot in Ancaster, Ontario every Tuesday evening. Though there were all sorts of trucks, we made a point of visiting this truck only.
The staff was friendly and inviting. Service was prompt and the food was excellent.
We tried the Taquito Dog which is a veggie dog wrapped in a tortilla and deep fried. Served on a fresh bun with a pico de gallo sauce, it was a delicious and interesting treat. The Philly Cheeze Steak sandwich was smothered in carmelized onions and vegan cheese sauce on a fresh hoagy and I would defy anyone to know they weren't eating meat. Simply awesome! A choice of fries or slaw complements the sandwich. We chose the fresh cut fries and weren't disappointed. We also tried the Po' Boy Sandwich which contained deep fried tofu, lettuce and tomatoes, on a fresh toasted bun smothered in sauce. The slaw was tangy and crisp and worked very well with this dish. We also included the Quinoa Salad which tasted fresh, healthy and delicious. All in all, a great experience. The food was tasty. The prices were fair and our whole meal cost $28.00. We can't wait till next Tuesday!

Pros: Delicious, Healthy
Cons: Not always at the same location, No seating.
amysaundersbigelow
amysaundersbigelow

Wonderful welcome to Hamilton!

5 Posted on 07 / 25 / 2013

This is an all vegan food truck. They park at various places around the Hamilton area. They post their weekly schedule here: https://www.facebook.com/karmachamealeon

Since they source local ingredients, the menu changes. We loved the Philly Cheezesteak and Po'Boy, both with coleslaw. They were $7 and $8. Hot dog and fries for $6. Quinoa salad for $5.

The owners/operators were friendly and looking to increase the healthy options in Hamilton and to encourage local food consumption. They also use only compostable containers and utensils and cart their waste and separate recycling container off with them when they leave.

Food is made to order and takes a few minutes. Cash only.

Pros: tasty food, good variety, friendly owners
Cons: a little pricey, changes location daily

Dear Owner and Manager of Karma ChaMEALeon - Food Truck: