Serves meat, veg options available. Has a few veggie and raw food options, smoothies, juices, wifi access. Casual relaxing atmosphere. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Juice bar, Non-veg

First Review by Cheryl27
stephiemcg
stephiemcg

Out Of This World

4 Posted on 06 / 03 / 2014

My friends and I had desert tonight at Kafe and were blown away by the selection of deserts, milkshakes and smoothies. Between the 4 of us, we had the green tea milkshake, the peanut lover, and the coconut splash. Desert wise we had the banana bread, dark chocolate brownie, apple pie and carrot raison loaf. All of which came with fresh whipped cream, such a perfect compliment to the goodies. Highly recommend everything we had, I cannot wait to try the real food!!

Pros: Price , Variety , Quality
jshah
jshah

perfect for tourists and locals alike

4 Posted on 06 / 10 / 2011

I'm not a local and I was worried about bad water and germs while I was traveling as I have a very sensitive stomach. This place was great! Very familiar flavors for westerners (nachos were great!) and local flavors (black rice bean pudding with fresh coconut milk and banana was so fresh!). Place is very urban and neat with interesting locals coming in and out. Food is fresh and very clean! Close to shopping and yoga barn too!

Pros: clean and fresh food, great ppl watching, great flavor
Cons: staff spacey, not perfectly ac'ed
Veronica01
Veronica01

Best Health Food in Ubud

4 Posted on 12 / 03 / 2010

We stumbled upon this place after eating some terrible vegan food at another cafe on the same street.

This place is a dream where you can get affordable North American health food fare and relax in a comfortable environment.

This is the only place that keeps busy all day and night on the strip, even outside of tourist season.

They offer free wifi until noon and then after 3pm.

They have juices, smoothies, milk shakes, coffees and lots of baked goods and desserts.

The menu clearly marks which items have dairy and meat and which do not. Most of the items on the menu are vegetarian and they can be made vegan by omitting the cheese or sour cream.

We've eaten here several times, most of the drinks are good, some depend more on the seasonality of the fruit, so when fruit is out of season it's not so sweet, but this is not their fault.

I like that they offer so many healthy dishes, like large salads, plain steamed greens, vegetable stir fry, steamed veggie bowls, vegetable soups and more.

It's a pretty big menu and they have tons of specials that are not even on the menu, so it'd be hard to get tired of the food here with such a variety. Even though a few people eat meat here it does not bother me and they care enough about their vegan customers to always make the orders right.

Pros: affordable, wide variety, healthy
Cons: a little far down the strip

Jepulis
Jepulis

Vegan raw chocolate cake

4 Posted on 07 / 06 / 2010

Almost perfect place to hang around. I had vegan raw chocolate cheese cake and it was great.

Pros: good location for people watching
Cons: not vegan
pradipd
pradipd

Serves meat, but still divine!

4 Posted on 01 / 16 / 2010

Kafe is another one of those restaurants that serves meat, yet manages to do the extensive veggie selections great justice. Choice is great, food is wonderful, the ambience always crowded and smoky. I had the pumpkin soup and fettucini with grilled veggies taht were awesome. Slightly on the pricier side, but still great value.

Pros: Location, Quality
Cons: Smoking
Cheryl27
Cheryl27

Awesome!

4 Posted on 02 / 18 / 2009

I loved it. Great selection. Delicious food, well presented. It was so good I went a few times, and told all my friends!

Pros: Great selection, Great presentation, Great taste

Dear Owner and Manager of Kafe: