REMOVED: Jalisco

Serves meat, veg options available. Mexican food menu. Includes a vegetarian section but uses cheese and dairy. Only guacamole, salsa, and rice are reported vegan friendly. Removed for poor vegan options. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Lacto, Mexican, Take-out, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg
1303 N Royal Ave
Front Royal, Virginia 22630
540-551-5205
  • Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Shereewolfe
peechdoctor
peechdoctor

Need to ask about rice and beans

3 Posted on 05 / 07 / 2013

After reading the beans and rice are vegan, we decided to give Jalisco a try. . . but the waitress seemed to be unsure and said the beans were reconstituted with pork??? we didnt eat them, and I'm wondering if my veggie fajitas were cooked in some dairy type oil or animal fat. . i was very sick after eating them. . . my point. . .please ask before ordering,. . . . other than that. . . the service was great, super nice ppl. . .and i feel sure if we had not been in a hurry and made our needs known instead of assuming they would have been glad to accomodate us. . . i would definitely go back, but i would speak to someone first who had better knowledge of ingredients and cooking methods. .

Pros: great service, friendly staff
Cons: wait staff unsure of ingredients
Shereewolfe
Shereewolfe

Great authentic Mexican.

4 Posted on 09 / 30 / 2012

There are very few vegan restaurant choices in this area of Virginia, and my husband and I were just ready to make a break for the north on an empty stomach when we came across Jalisco. With a large vegetarian section that can easily be made vegan, I was very happy to find plenty to eat here. The veg fajitas go WAY beyond the normal little pile of onion and pepper. It literally was enough for 3 people. The prices are great. And if you ask they give the second veg entree 1/2 off! I highly recommend Jalisco!

Pros: Great veg selection, Outdoor seating area, Huge portion
Cons: Non environmentally friendly to go box

Dear Owner and Manager of REMOVED: Jalisco: