Fast casual venue serving vegan Mexican food that's gmo-free with pozole, taquitos, tamales, enchiladas, chalupas, salads, and non-alcoholic Mexican drinks. Operates booths at the Berkeley farmers markets. This second location is inside Strummers Music, since Jun 2014. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Mexican, Fast food, Take-out, Catering

Lanahexapod
Lanahexapod

Has improved

Posted on 12 / 20 / 2014

I love Flacos and I'm so happy there's another full vegan place to eat at in Fresno. It needs to be supported! I admit I hadn't been back for a few months since it's not very close to my house, but I was happy to see things had improved. The menus were no longer paper, they were like most restaurant menus are in the casing things. The waitress was really nice and attentive to us. I also noticed there were a lot more options to choose from. My boyfriend (who's not vegan) and I split the nachos for an appetizer which were insanely delicious. Then we each had a plate - he had tacos and I had taquitos. Our dinner was yummy, the only problem was that the rice didn't seem like it was cooked enough, but we didn't say anything since the waitress and everything else was pleasant.

Pros: Vegan, Delicious Food, Open late
Cons: Far from me, Some noise from next door, Rice not cooked enough (1/3 times here)
notsammi
notsammi

taquitos to die for

Posted on 09 / 03 / 2014

honestly the only reason I go here is for the taquitos and avocado salsa! they're so good! you really can't get vegan taquitos like these anywhere else! my only problem with this flacos location is that it's inside Strummers- and so, being under 21, I can't get these lil bites of heaven after 9 PM. Also, sometimes it takes a while to have your order taken if you're not sitting right at the bar. The taquitos make up for the wait though.

jennamichelle1
jennamichelle1

Needs work, and uncooked food blamed on veganism?

Posted on 08 / 02 / 2014

We went to Flacos on a Friday evening. We were surprised by the atmosphere. It's more of a bar than a restaurant, and we felt awkward bringing our 3 year old in there to eat, so not a family friendly place to go. We wanted to give it a try, so we stayed for a meal. The staff was really friendly, but we wont go back for a few reasons: Our food came out too quick to have been cooked. The rice that came with our meal was crunchy and undercooked. The food was bland and lacked flavor. The food was warm and not hot, so we think it had been heated up in a microwave. There wasn't any hot sauce, salt, or pepper on the tables. The funniest/saddest thing was, they brought us sweet potato empanadas for dessert, and they weren't cooked. It was just the dough with the filling inside. They had been prepped but nobody had cooked them. We asked the waitress about it, she told us the empanada was supposed to be more like a dough because it's vegan and vegan food doesn't cook well. Okay......? So I've been vegan for about 20 years, and that was the weirdest thing I've ever heard and it made me sad that someone was making excuses for the food to be bad or undercooked (or actually just not cooked) because it was vegan, AT A VEGAN RESTAURANT. I've had some amazing vegan meals in my life and there are so many great restaurants out there, so the problem is not veganism and is actually the chef, who needs to cook the empanadas instead of handing us dough with a filling inside. Weird.
Updated from previous review on Saturday August 02, 2014

Pros: Friendly Staff
Cons: Uneducated about Vegan Food, Food not cooked, Bar Scene

Dear Owner and Manager of Flacos: