CLOSED: Epicentre Book Cafe

Torbay's 100% vegan cafe as well as bookshop and arts venue. Try a cupcake. Has wif-fi. Please see website for any special events. AUG 2013 CONFIRMED SHUT PER ITS FB MESSAGE. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan, Organic, English, Western, Take-out
59 Torquay Road (Hyde Road)
Paignton, England TQ3 3DT
01803-553790

Open Mon-Fri 9.30-5pm, Tue 9:30-7pm, Wed 9.30am-5pm, Sat 9.30am-4pm.

• Wheelchair accessible

First Review by Packy13
super8J
super8J

Just a little bit like eating in a library

4 Posted on 01 / 02 / 2013

Took my exclusively vegan family here on a very wet day between Christmas and New Year and were the only clients. I hope that they are normally more busy because the food was good and the owner/chef very friendly. The food is cafe fair and we went for burgers, hot dogs and chips. You can choose from different types of patties and I chose the homemade tofu with chutney which was very tasty and filling. My kids wolfed the hot dogs and my wife the burger - junk food junkies to the core I suppose. The setting is a little strange, with the majority of the space being a second hand bookshop. I am a connoisseur of these and found this one rather disappointing in the depth of offerings but I suppose "holiday reading" matter is what really counts round these parts. Never mind, we went for the food and left very full and happy. Well worth the visit if you are in this neck of the woods and fancy a blow-out! PS all dishes are fully vegan - yahoo.

Pros: Big portions of tasty vegan food, Friendly, Books
Cons: Books are distracting
rosieleigh18
rosieleigh18

Delicious

5 Posted on 05 / 05 / 2012

I love this place! I always make the effort to visit Epicentre when I come to Torbay. It`s a great little place that serves tasty vegan food as well as being a second hand bookshop and arts/community centre. The food is always great - SO much choice on the menu, as well as a huge drinks and dessert list. Plenty of yummy vegan burgers and mexican-inspired delights such as vegan nachos and burritos. I had the `mmm burger` with skinny fries last time - yum! The service is always friendly and very helpful. I really recommend this place - there`s no other place like it and they do such tasty vegan food. I can`t say enough good things about it.

Pros: tasty vegan food, friendly and helpful, supports local business
Cons: there isn`t one in my street!
Packy13
Packy13

Epicentre - a lovely lunch, and interesting books

5 Posted on 01 / 05 / 2011

December 2010, I had lunch and coffee a couple times at Epicentre in Paignton while I was on a visit. The totally vegan food was great and servings generous. I had a delicious sandwich stuffed with tasty veggies and some kind of savory spread that was yummy, on sourdough bread, and also a very nice cupcake. The soup looked really good too. The soy capuccino was full flavored and creamy. Plus they have wonderful second hand books - I bought a couple. Interesting art from local artists is on display and for sale, and vegan chocolates and other candies. I understand they also do art events like writing workshops and craft days and children's crafts etc. The service was friendly and reasonably fast (food is prepared fresh from fresh ingredients). The owners are a young couple whose mission is to encourage the arts in the area and to provide good healthy Vegan food. They said it has been a joy to offer tasty treats not only to Vegans but to people (including children) with various allergies. They gave one little girl her very first cupcake treat she'd ever had. Nice!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value, Friendly staff
Cons: Plain decor

Dear Owner and Manager of CLOSED: Epicentre Book Cafe: