Serves meat, veg options available. Chinese food. Offers a separate menu for vegetarian and vegan dishes that is just as large as the regular meat-based menu. Price: Inexpensive more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Chinese, Take-out, Delivery, Non-veg
159 Delaware Ave
Delmar, New York 12054
518-478-9299

Call for hours - tell us

First Review by thehorsemanshead
baypuppy
baypuppy

The Best!

Posted on 01 / 09 / 2015

I really enjoy coming here when I want some "junky" food. The veggies are always very fresh and cooked well and they have a lot of different veggie meats and dishes to pick from--a whole veg menu actually!

Pros: price, flavor, menu variety
veggivet
veggivet

Veggie Chinese without cross contamination

Posted on 12 / 24 / 2014

This is the only Chinese restaurant that I trust not to cross contaminate with meat/chicken/seafood. Their menu relies heavily on reproductions of standard Chinese dishes using faux or mock meats based on tofu, seitan, and wheat gluten. The spotlessly clean kitchen is divided into two sides to prevent the cross contamination that is ubiquitous in most restaurants that claim to be veg friendly. Prices are reasonable, service is quick and friendly, and the location is very convenient with parking never an issue. The only drawback is that this is pretty much take out only, as there are just a couple of small tables available to eat in, and the atmosphere for dining is non-existent.

Pros: No cross contamination, Reasonable prices, Efficient and friendly service
Cons: Poor atmosphere for eat in dining
thehorsemanshead
thehorsemanshead

An Asian Vegetarian Paradise

Posted on 02 / 20 / 2012

As they say on their all vegetarian menu, which is an interesting and extensive mirror of their regular menu, it is a paradise for those of us who want the guilty pleasure of eating delicious take out Chinese food but who don't eat meat or seafood. After years of eating vegetable moo shu and stir fried broccoli, I was delighted to find Empire Wok, after it was recommended by a local friend who grew up in China. If you are a purist and don't enjoy the taste of soy meat, then don't read on, but they do an incredible job using this to make things like Vege BBQ "Pork", the best "pork" fried rice ever, Vegetable Hot & Spicy "Beef" and many more on a huge menu. The spicing is delicious and the preparation (which you watch) is fast, clean and as healthy as wok preparation can be. They use a separate wok and utensils, which I very much appreciate. Although I live quite a distance away, I try to plan my trips to Delmar when I can pick up some delicious dishes from Empire Wok that me and my vegetarian daughter can enjoy. It looks like a little hole in the wall from the outside, but definitely worth trying. I have some Vegetable "Pork" Hunan Style with "Pork" fried rice in my fridge for later, yum!

Pros: good size portions, great selection, seperate cooking preparation
Cons: few eat in options, slightly pricey

Dear Owner and Manager of Empire Wok: