Mostly organic, mainly lacto items, but also offers vegan supplies / specialty-foods such as mayo, plant-based milks, vegan sweets, chocolate, tofu, sausages, yogurt, sandwich-spreads, etc. Website is in Swedish only. more-less

First Review by mrukz
teafour2
teafour2

Vegan friendly

3 Posted on 04 / 06 / 2012

As a visitor to Gothenburg looking for somewhere to buy some supplies for a picnic - seitan slices, vegan sandwich fillings and other bits, I found what I needed at this store. I didn't think their vegan selection was that bad (as other reviews) but as said, I was a tourist rather than a resident. So I'd recommend it - It's a big, clean store with a good choice.

Signal
Signal

Somewhat limited for vegans

3 Posted on 03 / 15 / 2011

While I would visit it if in the area, it has a limited selection for vegans compared to Fram and Gröna Boden.

I liked some of their sandwich spreads and there is stuff there you don't find elsewhere, but not a place I'd go to in order to stock up.

Pros: Organic foods, Interesting items
Cons: Limited vegan selections
Cara Cara
Cara Cara

Great source of veg cheese and health food product

4 Posted on 09 / 24 / 2010

Recommended. As the other review says things are clearly labelled in the deli - when the products in the fridge weren't clear (if you don't speak Swedish) friendly staff checked the labels for me (i.e. of the fetta).

Pros: cheese, good range, yummy stuff
mrukz
mrukz

It's all about the cheese baby!

5 Posted on 01 / 22 / 2009

Ekostore has a great deli with wide selection of cheeses made with vegetarian rennet---one of the main reasons why I am a frequent customer myself. I like Ekostore for its friendly staff and interesting selection. Ekostore seems to be getting most of its supplies from Germany, where the organic food production seems to be much more developed than here, in Sweden.

Pros: Cheese, Deli

Dear Owner and Manager of ekostore: