Down to Earth

Organic produce, vitamins, grocery. more-less

First Review by nlong01
act123
act123

Down to Earth!

5 Posted on 01 / 15 / 2009

I've worked at a few health food shops, and I have to say DTE is by far the best. The energy in the store is generally very chill. The staff is quite knowlegdable, if I do say so. Although not the biggest store in the world, DTE does do a great job in catering to individual needs. Totally worth checking out!

• AndrewMc AndrewMc

Just noticed, as well...two similarly structured 5-star reviews posted within two days of each other, when the other reviews are years apart. Huh.

Tyler
Tyler

Great Service and a Friendly Atmosphere

5 Posted on 01 / 13 / 2009

Down to Earth is really a high quality store. The staff are friendly, and genuine. It really caters to those with a gluten intolerance, and has an excellent gluten free selection. The juice bar offers great food, but is often underrated. The staff is very educated, and the owners are veritable encyclopedias. I would recommend this establishment to anyone looking for allergy sensitive foods, or anyone merely looking to pursue a healthier lifestyle. The store is also quite clean, and well stocked.

earth_sista
earth_sista

Not a one stop shop

3 Posted on 02 / 22 / 2008

This place has it's ups and downs. The employees and owners are, for the most part, extremely nice, although maybe not all that knowledgeable. The selection is not horrible, but not great. Like the previous post, I agreee, the produce selection is sad. They do have a great body care and organic clothing selection, which makes them unique.
I shop there occasionally, but there's better places around town.

• slbruner slbruner

What other places in town do you suggest then?

nlong01
nlong01

Nice range of products, but not my favorite

3 Posted on 10 / 16 / 2007

I have visited this store a handful of times. I really enjoy exploring all the products. They have tons of supplements. The grocery is pretty plentiful. They also have a juice bar. The last time I was there I was disappointed with the service. My partner and I both ordered from the juice bar and the worker openly admitted that he was not trained to make anything at the bar. And the gal that came over to help had a horrible attittude. It was like we were inconviencing her. So they have untrained employees and are understaffed. Another thing that alarmed me was the rotting produce selection. Nothing had even been discounted. I'm trying to be honest here, not negative. I will visit here again, but only if I can't find a product somewhere else first.

Pros: Supplements, Range of products
Cons: Juice bar need better management, Untrained employees, Rotting produce

Dear Owner and Manager of Down to Earth: