Large grocery chain that has a really good fake meat selection including veggie burgers, marinated tofu, breakfast sausages and more. Also sells organic and locally grown produce as well as vegan by default breads and wraps. Their health food section has vegan chocolate and cookies and other items. more-less
11-17 Macrossan St

Posi Britt
Posi Britt

Yay!

Posted on 06 / 29 / 2012

I wasn't expecting much for a vegan when I walked into the only grocery store in Port Douglas. Oh man was I wrong. Most bread is vegan by accident and there were some amazing sales on it too! We paid $1 a loaf! They have a fake meat section with these awesome lemongrass, lime, rice burgers. Also tons of different marinated tofu. They have a health food section that carries cereal. In that section is also vegan candy and chocolate. Everything was cheaper than I could find in Canada too! Rad!

Pros: Cheap, Local produce, Great selection of fake meats and tofu
Cons: Sells meat

Dear Owner and Manager of Coles Supermarket: