Casa Nueva

Serves meat, veg options available. A worker-owned cooperative with nightly specials; seasonal menus feature local, organic, sustainable ingredients; most dishes can be made vegetarian; full bar features Ohio Draft Beer. Offer vegan dishes. Items are made to order and can cook vegetarian or vegan dishes as requested. Price: Moderate more-less
Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Lacto, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

toscafr
toscafr

A gem

4 Posted on 11 / 09 / 2013

This is a must visit if in town.
The largest selection of vegan options in town. Although for the most you will not go wrong in any of the restaruants in Athens.
There brunch... my favorite! Be ready to wait on the weekends, but worth the wait>

Pros: Selection, Excellent food, Hearty portions
Cons: I live 13 hrs away!
Bezzybee2003
Bezzybee2003

Very yummy for a weekend brunch

4 Posted on 11 / 08 / 2011

We used to go here on weekends for brunch all the time. They have several vegan options and use mostly local ingredients. I always love the veg burrito. Recommend going early because it does fill up. Also a good bar to go to on the weekends. They usually have decent bands playing and good drinks.

Pros: Delicious, Great Staff
Cons: Crowded on Weekends, Noisy
veganmadre
veganmadre

Stayed Overnight and Ate There Twice!!

4 Posted on 04 / 17 / 2011

Absolutely love that this joint is worker-owned. Not to mention the tasty and affordable vegan options. Portions are huge! I enjoyed chips, microbrews and a chimi for dinner and an amazing coffee, breakfast burrito for breakfast. Be thoroughly prepared to wait if you get there on weekend night but there is plenty of room in the cantina where you can enjoy drinks and snacks while you wait. There is live entertainment and a bustling crowd. This restaurant is in a college town but the patrons vary in age/ethnicity.

There were two totally different vibes during my visits. The night was fun/bustling and the morning totally serene. We were able to sit by the window as we enjoyed our breakfast. I loved gazing out at the world as it came alive while drinking a great cup of coffee, munching on amazing homefries,reading the paper and conversing.

It's near Wayne National Forest if you're looking for a free camp spot after a yummy meal.

Pros: Worker-Owned, Lots of Vegan Options, Huge Drink Selection (Alcoholic and Non)
Cons: Not 100% Vegan
soulflower
soulflower

Casa Nueva Rocks!

4 Posted on 02 / 02 / 2008

My husband and I have patronized Casa for more than ten years. It's one of our favorite places. The food is great. Try the hills deluxe (beans and rice served toppes with crunchy green lettuce and two different types of their in-house awesome salsa. It's also served with one of their yummy wheat tortillas. The vegan burrito is great and usually stuffed with beans, rice and the veggie of the day. There is a huge vegetarian selection and a very decent vegan selection. The salsa (they even have different seasonal salsa...like paw paw salsa) is truly great. So great that they have put it in a jar and sells in regional grocery srores. YUM! We've never had a bad meal, but sometimes the service is s-l-o-w. But hey, I can deal with that from a gem of a place like Casa Nueva. It's also worth mentioning that they use as many local ingredients as possible (i.e. paw paws) and the organic selection is great.

Pros: great food, cozy atmosphere, fresh, organic ingredients
Cons: slow service

Dear Owner and Manager of Casa Nueva: